Next WNW

Dave Williams

The key bit in bold is 'if they are no longer producing new models it does mean that eventually all the significant gaps in the 1/32 WWI aircraft available will be modelled by us', and the Roden Dr.I is very much still in production. The 'new' Hobbycraft Camel kit appeared in 2005 and was still available in 2012, but between then and 2015 it had pretty much disappeared - which, not coincidentaly, is when WNW announced theirs.

My belief is that if Roden stopped producing Dr.I kits (or any of their other 1/32 WWI kits) tomorrow, then we would see a WNW version in short order - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't at least done some initial reference and CAD work on the Dr.I. As long as Roden keep producing them, though, I don't believe we'll see a WNW version.

Maybe WNW will stick with this philosophy, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll drop a Dr.I on us tomorrow morning. We can only go on what they say, though, and thus far they've stuck to the principles stated above.

I'd love to be proven wrong and for them to drop a suprise Dr.I - but I think if they do release something, it's more likely to be another edition of the Albatros D.V/Va in von Richthofen's markings.

Is this something they've done before? They've had a few years to do it say something about Richtofen's death, and not done so. Why would this year be any different?

Edited by Gazzas

Saw the Junkers, signed up for preorder. This seems like a pattern. If they build it, we will order it. That may be a Dr.I, but it might be a Breguet XIV, or a Hansa Brandenburg Starstrutter or even a two seater. It could be a Hanriot or any one of the almost 200 Windsock Datafile subjects. Surprises will come, and modelers will be happy.

Tnarg