F-5 Tiger II VFC-111 Sundowners

PhilB

Hahahahahahahaha

I love it! We don't use that term here but I have some displaced Brit friends who do. Too cool!

I got a couple figures I ordered but am stuck on a figure I can modify to be sleeping on the wing. Grrrrrrrrrr

Glad you understand!

The only suggestion I could make on the sleeping figure is perhaps to use a prone rifleman or machine gunner.

For my next (secret) project I bought the 1/32 Airfix Desert Rats figures as I need a sentry carrying the rifle at "high port".

In there is a prone rifleman.( the figures are pretty bad but its a place to start)

If you could get a similar German Army figure, how about removing the rifle, turning the head to rest on his arm (or replacing the head with one with a forage cap) and putting a bottle of schnapps in the other hand????

:BANGHEAD2:

Yes! Schnapps! It is starting to sound like a Bill Mauldin cartoon. I like it!

Am am lucky enough to have a hobby shop nearby that specializes in figure modelling and I am going there to look for a suitable chap to modify.

The nautical "nick-name" is a hoot :speak_cool:

I was never any good at those catch phrases on T.V (it's a good answer but it's not right) but I get this one :)

Now our curiosity is piqued.......what is this secret project of which you speak :whistle: :coolio:

I know, I know,.....you could tell us but then...........{~makes slashing gesture across throat~} :)

Guess we'll just have to bide our time eh?

It should n't take you too long to get this to the painting stage now though. Great progress so far, keep at it :popcorn:

:piliot:

The nautical "nick-name" is a hoot :)

I was never any good at those catch phrases on T.V (it's a good answer but it's not right) but I get this one :)

Now our curiosity is piqued.......what is this secret project of which you speak :whistle: :coolio:

I know, I know,.....you could tell us but then...........{~makes slashing gesture across throat~} :)

Guess we'll just have to bide our time eh?

It should n't take you too long to get this to the painting stage now though. Great progress so far, keep at it :)

:piliot:

As I think you can be trusted, I will Pm you but keep it a secret!!!

Hope to be splashing the Alclad primer tomorrow, spent this afternoon getting covered in blu tack, maskol and tape trying to mask the cockpit.

Looks like Mickey Mouse in plaster is sitting in the pit!

Phil

HAHAH!

Got a close friend from Manchester, one from Newcastle.......haha......as my buddy dave says "If your not a Manc your a Wank(er)!" Im pretty sure its a Manchester United thing??

LOL Its lookin awesome Phil!

Keep the pics comin!

Brian

Thanks Håkan,

Brian, glad you get the joke!

Today I managed to start to get the painting going:

Primer:

P6080973.jpg

After a rub down with fine sanding pads I used Alclad to do the back end.

This is steel for the cans, light Alu for the panel next to the tailplane and dark Alu for the main panels.

The interior of the cans has had a coat of jet exhaust but I might do a little drybrushing later on to bring out what detail there is!

P6080979.jpg

Then I finally got the lightest of the three greys on.

P6080978.jpg

Phil

Got the second of the three grays on yesterday, starting to look like a stripey Tiger!

P6100984.jpg

Today I'll try for the third gray.

After that it will be the white tailplane, black nosecone and fairings on the side of the rear fuse then lots of sanding and polishing prior to decals.

Later,

Phil

Thanks Hakan and Geedub!

Finally got the third grey on this morning.

Lost a bit of paint on the wing and nose to the masking tape monster but probably my fault for bashing her with so much paint over the last 2 days and not letting it dry thoroughly.

Oh well at least most of the scheme is complete.

Nice and stripey!

P6101006.jpg

Taking tomorrow off, going boat fishing in the English Channel.

Need some sea air to clear out all the paint fumes!

Later

Phil