Shawns Non-LSP thread

Shawn M

Guest Peterpools

Shawn

Nice work on the front office. I alway enjoy quality work regardless of the scale.

And of course: Awesome SR71

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

Edited by Peterpools

Managed to get the fuse closed up, wings and tail on and polish out the inside of the canopy to make it MUCH more clear.

I've only had to use the smallest dabs of filler on this kit, Im quite impressed.

On sunday I entered a 3 hour build challenge at a locak Anime store to build and finish then submit for judging a Gundam Barbatos kit.

It was enlightening,fun, different and yet had some total BS factors to it lol

I was not able to complete my entirely articulated figure model in the 3 hour time span :(

Im a slow builder, whatta surprise lol!

Now, the contest judging was..well...different.

Its allowed to bring items from home for use in the judging, which means people brought dioramas, other built gunpla's etc.

It also appears that you dont have to build your whole kit if you do this and just use some bits n bobs...

I dont really see how this is applicable when you're all supposed to build the same thing, but to each their own.

Good experience, wont do it again in this format though.

I actually "finished" the Kate last night, in quotes as I decided NOT to paint it and leave it in raw plastic minus the cockpit and engine.

I've started my "vanship" kit that Im turning into a racer, which will be done up in a paint scheme like an old Bugatti Grand Prix car (blue with metal accents)

then I started on Tatiana's Vanship from the anime series "Last Exile".

My plan is to bash it a bit into a Bugatt Grand Prix car inspired racer.

I took the front cockpit and moved the controls to the rear, then added gizmology to the front pit.

30310095072_5e90b4b26b_b.jpg

29796071824_71b91bf941_b.jpg

30310093112_d9d21e9b7e_b.jpg

29796071054_0d431bb92e_b.jpg

30426988525_0e617b775a_b.jpg

then I shaved off the portals and hand/foot holds on the "fuse". There was also an amazingly fine mold seam right between the louvers that needed to be carefully removed.

30426989925_f36d7b3a34_b.jpg