Yes, it's another Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair!

Marmaduke

First I'd like to thank everyone for the nice comments and tips, I love to hear them. Unfortunately only a small update this time. Got the propeller painted and assembled. I like to paint the yellow first, then I tape that off and do the black. As always, thanks for looking!

20160306_131140.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm back again with another update. I've run into my first disappointment with this build. While attaching the cowl flaps and cowl pieces I ran into a hefty gap. This gap is most likely my fault due to perhaps not cleaning up the Vector flaps enough. Some of the attachment points were pretty boogered up and I thought I had done a sufficient job but apparently not. I'm sure that this gap problem would not have occurred if I had used the kit supplied parts for the flaps. Anyhow...it's too late now and it did kind of discourage me on this build but it also taught me what not to do on my next Corsair build! Yes, there will be another...the Corsair is my favorite aircraft! After I got over my disappointment, I painted the bottom of the aircraft in light gray followed by Navy blue gray on top...both were Model Master enamel. After that cured, I sprayed a couple coats of Pledge floor polish with Future shine and continued to apply some Barracuda's amazing decals. Using the Micro Set/Sol combination these decals settled right down over some raised detail on the wings. The only problem with the decals is that they are slightly transparent which is really noticeable on the fuselage under the star. Enough of my rambling...let's see some pictures!20160323_145527.jpg

20160323_135141.jpg

20160325_044154.jpg

That's all for now. Until next time, happy modeling and thanks for looking.

• 1 year later...

Hey Maru, I did actually complete this fine bird some time ago but never got around to posting the finished product in the RFI forum. Now with the photobucket problem I don't know how to go about posting pictures. Do you have any suggestions?

Hopefully soon! Still trying to figure out which of the photo hosting sites to use. I don't get much free time lately due to working long hours but rest assured I haven't forgotten. Thank you for the interest!