Spitfire Mk.22/24

DaveJ

Guest Rigor
Coming along nicely Dave. I didn't realise this kit was such a jigsaw puzzle, as I haven't really looked closely at mine. So you're going to have the gun hatches open?

Kev

I agree with kev jigsaw puzzle is right ;) how is the fit? with these parts

I agree with kev jigsaw puzzle is right ;) how is the fit? with these parts

Grrrrrrrr.....

The fit is a nightmare! post-3154-1218594212.gif

After a lot of fitting, sanding, shaping and most importantly; cursing, I have these wing roots installed. There is still a lot of cleanup to do to get the lines smoothed since I had to use a lot of CA to get everything to stay put. Nothing really lined up, it had to be forced. Now it has to be sanded and some gaps filled. That's the easy part compared to getting this all together! I kinda like the concept of how this kit is engineered, but it's not a jump-together job for sure.

Here's some pics, pre-sanding:

WingRoot4.jpg

WingRoot2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dave,Really looks great,I built this kit over 20 years ago when it was a Matchbox kit,still have it sitting on the shelf,seeing as you have run into some of the same problems I did there probably has'nt been many changes made to the kit ,so one thing you might want to look at is the landing gear the problem I had was the plane was heavy and the gear was a little weak so I had to strengthen mine,course it could have been that rubberized plastic Matchbox used sometimes,anyway it does build into a great example of a beautiful Spit,So good luck with it I know yours will turn out great,be watching to see it done

:) Ed