Debut Book is Finally Ready!

LSP_Kevin

Windows 10 and I believe most of the older versions also have a download folder. You should also be able to right click on it in the email and tell it to save in your desired location. You may also want to download a free version of Adobe Reader as it is a better way to view pdf's than Explorer or Edge, in my opinion anyway.

Windows 10 and I believe most of the older versions also have a download folder. You should also be able to right click on it in the email and tell it to save in your desired location. You may also want to download a free version of Adobe Reader as it is a better way to view pdf's than Explorer or Edge, in my opinion anyway.

Thanks, Ray. You won't be able to right-click on the link to any effect, though, as it just points to a script on the server, rather than the file directly. The script negotiates whether you're allowed to download the file, and then presents it to you.

How did you go, Chuck?

Kev

Well, I got it downloaded and saved to my document folder. Not what I wanted, I wanted it as a desk top, but it'll do I guess. I have Windows XP, guess I'm going to be the "last man standing" on that. HA!

Chuck

Glad you got it downloaded, Chuck. You should be able drag or copy it to your desktop from your documents folder, or anywhere else you like. It's been so long since I used Windows XP, that I can't really advise you on the best way to do that, however!

Kev

Unfortunately, not enough props for me to buy.

What's planned next Kev? Perhaps you can entice us with something on your blog about upcoming plans?

I will, but it's too early to announce very much at this stage. Work on the next title has already begun, and I'll be able to talk about that soon. I've got lots of projects planned, but most are only in their infancy, and may or may not come to fruition. Best to wait until there is more certainty, I think. Thanks for taking an interest, though, Dean!

Kev

Well, I got it downloaded and saved to my document folder. Not what I wanted, I wanted it as a desk top, but it'll do I guess. I have Windows XP, guess I'm going to be the "last man standing" on that. HA!

Chuck

As Kev said, you should be able to move it to the Desktop.

You can open File Explorer, then select the file. You can drag it outside file explorer and drop it on the desktop. (Select the file, keep pressing the left mouse button, then physically move it to the desktop and stop pressing the left mouse button).

Or select the file, press the right mouse button, then select "Copy" with the left mouse button from the little menu that appears . Close File Explorer, then go to your desktop. Press the right mouse button, select "Paste" and a copy should appear on your desktop. 

Wow Kev, congratulations on the first one, from bits and pieces on the forum I've seen it looks amazing. Very interested to see where you go next with your new venture!!

Regards. Andy

Thanks, Andy. I'm really glad to finally have this one out, and the show finally on the road, so to speak. I'll try to get an announcement together for the next one soon.

Kev

So, opening weekend is now done here, and I'd like to thank everyone who's bought the book so far. Your support is much appreciated! Sales have been a little on the slow side, but feedback has been amazingly positive, for which I'm very grateful.

And on that note, I've just enabled the reviews feature on the website, so if you've bought the book, and would like to leave a (positive!) review, click on the product page link below, and scroll down until you see the "Reviews" link, left of the description. As a brand new entity, and one largely unknown to most non-LSP members, this kind of customer endorsement can be quite meaningful for establishing some credibility in the marketplace.

Building Brick's Sabre in 1/32 Scale

Kev

Went to review it, but it won't let me because I bought it as a 'guest' so even though I registered it now wants me to buy a book before I can review.

Definitively a nice book, though.

Ah, I see. I set it up so that you had to be a registered purchaser of the book in order to write a review, as I didn't want nuisance trolls getting involved. I might take the risk and change it. Be back shortly!

Kev