• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Agreed Starfighter, it would take all of that to do a complete conversion. A EA-6B would best be left to Trumpeter, but an EA-6A hopefully would be something our great Paul could tackle. Hopefully one day!

Chuck.

• Dragon likes this

#32 Isar 30/07

Isar 30/07

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:02 AM

I´m in for both conversions!

#33 Dave Roof

Dave Roof

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

While they may appear similar, the EA-6B is an entirely different airframe and it would be a complete waste of time, money and resources to release a 'conversion'. It would have to be released as a kit like your Panther, Skyray, etc.

However, with the explosion in 32nd scale over the past 10 years, it wouldn't surprise me to see an injection molded Prowler within the next 5. Now that the aircraft is retired, access to them for research is a bit easier via museums. While it had a great, although short career, I think we're less likely to see an EA-6A in plastic. 

Another great choice for the Intruder would be a good quality KA-6D conversion. It's rather simple as you only need a new instrument panel, the drogue basket housing and the guide (fairing that sits where the AN/ALE chaff/flare system was located).

• otis252 likes this

#34 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

Another great choice for the Intruder would be a good quality KA-6D conversion. It's rather simple as you only need a new instrument panel, the drogue basket housing and the guide (fairing that sits where the AN/ALE chaff/flare system was located).

Steel Beach has their tanker set already, not sure another conversion will come out.
http://store.spruebr..._p/sba32014.htm

#35 Dave Roof

Dave Roof

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Steel Beach has their tanker set already, not sure another conversion will come out.
http://store.spruebr..._p/sba32014.htm

I'm aware of the SB set. Personally speaking, I'd prefer to see one released with better details and casting quality.

• Harold likes this

#36 red Dog

red Dog

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

i'm building the KA-6D with the steelbeach bits, honestly you don't need anything more detailled. SB does the work perfectly IMHO
the right side of the IP is void of anything but a big placard anyway. and the droque system is more than adequate
  • stusbke likes this
RD_modelblog.jpg

#37 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

While they may appear similar, the EA-6B is an entirely different airframe and it would be a complete waste of time, money and resources to release a 'conversion'. It would have to be released as a kit like your Panther, Skyray, etc.

Thanks for the buzzkill Dave!!  I never realized they were that far apart.

#38 Dragon

Dragon

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:42 AM

LOL, Buzzkill, I haven't heard this term in a long time! Brings back some foggy memories.....

Mike

#39 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

There will be no EA-6B Prowler from us here at FM&P, like some here have mentioned, it is a different airplane than anything you could convert from the A or E and I am fairly certain there will eventually be a kit from one or another plastics companies.

The EA-6A might be a good subject, but it seems there is someone else already doing it, so I will have to wait and see. I try not to step on other makers toes, this is a very small niche market and there's no point in two companies losing out when one could perhaps make a buck or two .

Best, 

Paul

• Starfighter and otis252 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users