1/32 FLY Hurricane: spinning wild

quang

I don't know how Urszula Bargiel (Mrs Yahu) makes her IPs nor which technology she used but at very close scrutiny, I can tell that each of the 4 colours used on the IP is printed on a separate film then the different films are stuck/laminated together on a metal (steel?) plate. The register is spot-on and gives a subtle 3-D effect. Also note the screw heads (each with a different angle) on the central panel. Just amazing!

Looking back at my photo, I just noticed I forgot to make a switch for the ON/OFF panel on the far right!  :doh:

IP%20loupe.jpg

I first used Radu Brinzan's harness on my P-39 build. What I like is the material (a paper made from 100% rag) which behaves like cloth yet has more 'heft' than the microweave cloth used by HGW. More of a headache are the 18 individual brass grommets one is supposed to stick around pre-cut holes. It took me a whole evening but I guess it was worth it!

The bear, well not much to comment except that it's much smaller than how it looks in the photo. It would fit inside a green pea  :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your comments,

Cheers,

Q

I don't know how Urszula Bargiel (Mrs Yahu) makes her IPs nor which technology she used but at very close scrutiny, I can tell that each of the 4 colours used on the IP is printed on a separate film then the different films are stuck/laminated together on a metal (steel?) plate. The register is spot-on and gives a subtle 3-D effect. Also note the screw heads (each with a different angle) on the central panel. Just amazing!

Looking back at my photo, I just noticed I forgot to make a switch for the ON/OFF panel on the far right!  :doh:

I first used Radu Brinzan's harness on my P-39 build. What I like is the material (a paper made from 100% rag) which behaves like cloth yet has more 'heft' than the microweave cloth used by HGW. More of a headache are the 18 individual brass grommets one is supposed to stick around pre-cut holes. It took me a whole evening but I guess it was worth it!

The bear, well not much to comment except that it's much smaller than how it looks in the photo. It would fit inside a green pea  :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your comments,

Cheers,

Q

Believe me I have tried and am trying using vector graphics to produce similar standard artwork, but even with laser printing at 1200 dpi. it doesn't come out with Yahu clarity.

It's passable, but nowhere near that good.

I did read somewhere once that HP had hobbled (or been made to hobble) their colour print engine to make life harder for currency counterfeiters, so I don't know how it's done unless 2400 dpi has somehow been unleashed by Yahu on an unsuspecting world and we modellers.

Despite the eyeball ache, I think what irritates  me about the HGW harness is that only one set of the eyelets is supplied. On a P/E sheet containing 30%  blank space how hard would another set be?

Fantastic looking panel Quang, although from my own design I'd darken down the U/C panel indicator lights on the top left panel with the tiniest drops of Tamiya clear red and green if no pilot is aboard..

And just remember - the mascot stays safe, and so do you.

Or so I understand from those who believe such things.  

Thank you Andy.

I've just been to a friend's place to inspect his SH Tempest but I won't be distracted from my current project. Repeat: I won't be distracted from my current project. Repeat: I won't be distracted from my current project.

At least I'm trying hard.  :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers,

Quang

I recieved my SH Tempest kit this week and itching to crack on with it, but I have my PCM Hurricane to finish.......nearly there with just a little weathering to do and my HpH Moskito I'm working on while trying not to be distracted!!

Regards. Andy

Quang, really very nice work so far my friend!! I follow your build cause i am interested in this kit!!

And as you mention it....is this SH Tempest so good? Pass any info you can!!

Thanks, and...don't be distracted...finish this one first!!!!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

John