34 replies to this topic

#31 GusM

GusM

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

I feel your pain re the cricket bats Brad. Makes me glad I was a bowler and natural no. 11. Just picked up any bat I felt like as they would all end up performing like a floor plank in my hands. What makes it worse now is that the willow is so lightly pressed that they split or break with the slightest mishit or on contact with some of the cheap balls around now.
  • BradG likes this

#32 mmaben

mmaben

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

Why......because you said so.....no i think not...... :clap2:  :clap2:

drill_seargent.jpg

I just like airplanes

Mike                        Smirnoffcat    RomanianG-2

#33 Guest_The Southern Bandit_*

Guest_The Southern Bandit_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

I honestly had a post about these new Eduard Mossie engines mostly composed the other night after reading the HS review but decided against it as it was a review from another site and was not sure on the policy about that here ... but since its been posted now with link ...

My first thoughts were, WOW, looks amazing and then I saw the price, but if you are a Mosquito enthusiast and can afford it, why not? The stock Tamiya engines are good enough for me though as Peters wonderful build shows.

One idea did cross my mind, if Mosquito builders were willing to go "halfers" on the Eduard twin engine kit and were also willing to build the Tamiya kit with just one engine on display, then that's maybe another idea, but not sure on the legality or otherwise of that though ... for sure I'll stick with my stock Tamiya engines and still might not have both on display.

The Tamiya neat magnet cowling thing might be lost using the Eduard engines too, with Tamiya's perfect fit clever engineering and good fit of cowls, its a viable option if you want to display the Tamiya Mossy engines shown or covered for the clean look.

About all I've bought for my Tamiya Mosquito is an Eduard canopy mask to save time ... I live in hope Tamiya will release a glass nose bomber Mosquito, because that is the version I really wanted from them, if they did I'd sell this Mossy on Ebay and wait for that, but since HK got there first ... I doubt they will now?

• Peterpools likes this

#34 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,128 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

I did exactly that with Wolf and have a spare Eduard Merlin for down the road.

Peter

• Martinnfb and LSP_Typhoonattack like this

XMoWX3.jpg

Fisher Sea Fury FB.II 

#35 DannyVM

DannyVM

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

drill_seargent.jpg

:evil_laugh:  :evil_laugh:  :evil_laugh:  :evil_laugh: ................not impressed :whistle:

Oooh yes i forgot, once i start my Tamiya Mosquito build i will sure buy those Eduard Brassin Merlins, they are worth every single euro.

Edited by DannyVM, 19 February 2018 - 02:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users