Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Painting question:

What color would the intake ducts of an early production F-5E be?    The few head-on photos I can find all show the intake ducts in deep shadow -- just a black hole. The splitter plate always seems to be the exterior paint color, and probably that continues rearward for a bit, but I have no idea how far.    

I'm guessing the ducts would be either:   1)   natural metal, or  2) white,  or 3) aluminum lacquer paint.   

Anyone know for sure?    Or have photos to post?    

Thank you.

I have probably just missed it, but what happened to Airfixer? 

Regarding the guns in adversary aircraft, I guess it's to keep the center of gravity where it belongs. But then, some aggressor Tigers had their guns removed...

and appropriate weight/ instrumentation replacing it...

I was just thinking the same thing. Im looking into that................

He left for personal reasons.

Indeed................I was actually aware of this, I just didnt realize he was AirFixer as an LSP user. Yes, he left of his own accord. I am very sorry to see this actually, as he obviously had a wealth of great info to share.

It's a shame to see an expert like him leave the site :( (not asking why?!)

Wish he would return some day to share his knowledge.

Lothar

Yes my friend, you and me both!  Very VERY sad IMHO to loose a member with so much SME knowledge to add. As Andy noted he requested to have his account removed, siting personal reasons. 

This thread is one of the best I have seen for documenting the actual plane versus the model, along with great suggestions for fixing the issues.... should one have that desire. I am surprised that Airfixer left, and I hope that he knows the depth of appreciation that I have for his great work to make this possible.

That said, I certainly want to thank all of you who added anything to our knowledge on this kit and aircraft. Let's hope that this happens for even more of the LSP subjects out there. It makes LSP the best site on the internet for aircraft models.

Tnarg

Guest Maxim

Agree, a treasure trove of info. I wish we could do the same for other aircraft and gradually build up a reference section for the forums.

For those who've been asking me where to get the Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II (and other releases), Kitlinx.com is the new importer (bought out Pacific Coast Models) and they are in stock now!

Thank you for the info but it is not yet on the Pacific Coast internet website ''Shop'' list.

And it seems this website is for wholesale customers only !

On the plus side, it is on the KitLinx website available to order for retail customers here :

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=KTY32018&title=F-5E-Tiger-II-Fighter-%28New-Tool%29

:popcorn:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

Ok...cant help myself. Got lots of adversary Tiger pictures

8yXy27i.jpg

Photo by Ted Carlson

1RCPs33.jpg

Photo by Kedar Karmakar

Wf7wJB8.jpg

Photo Jose M. Ramos Navarrete

aSagdyo.jpg

Photo Jose M. Ramos Navarrete

7e34L1A.jpg

Photo by no idea who took it but thx 

YZlzYLk.jpg

Photo by David Baranek

From what I have seen I think all this Tigers can be made with whats in the box.

Edited by Lud13