Revell 56 Ford F-100"Demon II"-Completed! 04/15

mustang1989

Thanks for the comments and the links Chavdar. Really nice work on that truck dude. 

Here's the basic interior with all the parts cleaned up. Not a bad layout really but I'll be adding a few things here and there to spice it up a little bit.

ZYoJUW.jpg

So I got started by black basing everything followed by a coat of Tamiya German Grey. I finished it all off with a coat of Tamiya X-22 clear so I could apply all the decals on the seat, door panels and dash. After the decals have set I'll go with a coat of satin clear for the seat and door panels. The dash will get a good gloss coat.

1m6oOz.jpg

I see a lot of Microsol in the very near future:

VU4kse.jpg

Y6p2lR.jpg

2vwUTe.jpg

This kit has quite the extensive decal sheet for the engine and interior as well as the truck bed. Looking forward to working with it. Haven't quite made up my mind which way I want to go with the bed yet.............decal or paint and weather........

36lwEv.jpg

I'll see what I come up with Chavdar. Remember, I've cut the bed to pieces on this one to make room for the wheel tubs for the rear tire / wheel assys.  :whistle:

Got some more done on the interior yesterday morning. I'll be coming up with an idea for the black carpet and install a PE accelerator and brake pedal  and maybe throw a couple of items in the front seat. The dash panel I just test fitted into place and still have to do a lot of detail painting and apply a good gloss coat over the dash pad. I did away with the Foose decal on the medallion in the center of the seat and chromed it. I put an "embroidered" demon decal just under the medallion for a little interior snazz. These seat and interior decals were a little tricky to me and it seems like I may have needed a little stronger setting solution for them besides Microsol. I'm thinking something like Solvaset would have done a better job of settling them into the crevices but they didn't turn out too awful bad with around 8-10 coats of Microsol.

All in all the interior packs into a neat little "tub" and fits very snuggly into the cab..................which I'll cover in a little more detail below.

wuhXJm.jpg

I was reading in the latest issue of Scale Auto that I received in the mail a few days ago and saw an article pertaining to this kit and it stated that the cab was some difficulty encountered when installing the cab over the interior during assembly. This was due to instructions calling out that the interior tub was to be installed on the chassis first.......? I%20dunno_zpsgjbxiscc.gif A bit unorthodox I thought ..............and so did the writer/ builder of the article/ model.

pEOERW.jpg

I always buy two kits when I modify any given build. Having that second kit has saved my bacon several times in the past and.................it's done it once again. Being the overzealous and sometimes impatient modeler that I sometimes am , I  seem to skip the VERY basics.............the test fitting process. But then again I didn't have the Scale Auto article ahead of time. One of the trouble areas are the ledges at the bottom of both interior side panels on the lower outside edges of the interior bucket shown here as a big "step" along the bottom edges of the side walls.

S5z6q2.jpg

You can see the potential for a troubling fit here in the photo below. Imagine trying to cram the interior tub into a nicely painted cab.icon_sAng_rant_zps60eb0ce9.gif

Brd9nf.jpg

What I did was sand these steps down in combination with sanding the bottom inside edge of the doors on both sides to reduce the interference fit so I wouldn't have to fight it while installing the interior into place. So I'll be installing the cab into the interior first before installing the cab onto the chassis. I still have to test fit the windshield to ensure proper fit at the front of the tub to windshield area in the cab so I'll be working on that today/ tomorrow. N E wayz .................here's the results after an easy/ trouble free install.

ShKugW.jpg

This kit has a few controversial pitfalls but so far I've been able to overcome all of them. We'll see what the rest of the build has in store.

Edited by mustang1989

Something about the "carpet" and the way I did it just did NOT agree with me. I textured the flooring by spraying some Rustoleum Textured paint from a spray can and then coated the textured paint with a coat of flat black. The more I looked at it the more I caught myself thinking that if I had flocked the flooring in black it would've had a slight semi gloss and some depth to it. The way I had it painted there was neither quality there. Just ..................................flat bland black was it. So I thought a minute......pondering-smiley-emoticon.gif and decided to apply some Tamiya Clear in a light coating. The results turned out better to me.

Fic5BJ.jpg

To recap. Before:

PvNTzR.jpg

and after. Just a tad bit more depth and more correct finish IMO:

klhUDR.jpg

I've also got the dash finished. I really don't consider this to be one of the better dashes I've done for two reasons. 1.) I think I could've done better and 2.) when I was done with this dash I had and still have the feeling of .......................that's it?huh.png!!!! I%20dunno_zpsgjbxiscc.gif

Anyways , here's the dash:

tawLXU.jpg

PvNTzR.jpg

Cor, those seats are shiny. My MG has seats like that, they burn your legs if you leave them in hot sun. 

I do like your colour choices

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Thanks Gaz! 

Well guys since I couldn't use the wheels that I wanted I decided to use my favorites which are the Weld Draglites. The only problem with those are that 99.9999% of the rear wheels that I've seen whether they are resin or kit supplied have the bead locks on the wheel.......................which I do NOT want for a streetable vehicle.

Here's where we start. A set of resin Draglites from Competition Resins:

oi7quS.jpg

After some research I found what I want to coat the wheels with. This months issue of Scale Auto has a whole 5 page article devoted to the different methods of chrome coating and clearing. After reading through it I'll be going with the Molotow chrome with Spaz Stix Ultimate Clear both of which I ordered last night. Here's after removing the bead locks and drilling out all the wheel holes, center hole and the unused lug stud holes and cleaning it up a bit as compared to the untouched one on the right.

JhHdJn.jpg

I found a block of time last night to work on the interior so I could finish it up this morning:

4aLuoG.jpg

qIuPx6.jpg