HB mk VB

The landing lights just sit on the "ledges" in the underwing holes in the extended position, I've just traced them out on plastic card and made covers as you do not normally see them in photos.

HOBBYBOSS%20SPITFIRE%20Vb%2080_zpsb9c9ch

More info. http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1307399843/Spitfire+Mk-Vb+landing+light+-

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

Why oh why did I choose this colour scheme? Out the paintshop after, believe it or not, 4 hours adding invasion stripes. Aligning these things using masking tape on and eliptical surface is an incredible pain in the a***. 

Anyhow 10 minutes to actually paint flat white and rubber black rather than satin or flat black, then removing the masking leaves me with this.

IMG_20711.jpg

IMG_20721.jpg

It is by no means perfect but i'm quite pleased with the outcome. 

Prop is balanced on at the moment. Decaling next up. 

Nothing really done over the weekend but the larger decals. 

The Xtradecal set is superb, went down well with no issues and hardly any carrier film, hobbyboss decals, not so. Slightly thicker and less flexible, they eventually went down with decalsoft and klear as a setting solution. 

Anyhow, decalling complete next up is some weathering and finishing up. 

IMG_20741.jpg

IMG_20761.jpg

IMG_20771.jpg

You will no doubt note that the underside roundels are slightly inboard of where they should be. Totally missed the placing until too late. Attention to detail   :oops:

Final assembly and weathering to go once decals are completely dry. 

Ok so i know, it was going all to well. 

Whilst I was adding the finishing touches, i.e landing lights and underside id light, I turned the plane back over to find this! 

IMG_20871.jpg

I had been using some Tamiya thinners as a brush wash and unbeknown to me, some of it has spilled and contaminated the small "food box"  i use as a stand. Anyhow, within seconds, this stuff went through a layer of matt clear, weathering wash, Klear gloss the paint surface and primer. right through to  the base plastic, still I suppose at least it wasnt the glue! 

You can see ive already masked ready for a repaint attempt but im going to leave her overnight to give the thinners chance to completely evaporate. 

Tune in tomorrow for what will hopefully be completion pictures! 

Edited by Phartycr0c

Ok so here she is, Im declaring her done.

Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb out of the box,  Xtradecal 32-042 Vb markings. Tamiya acrylics Citadel and Flory washes, and, i have to say, quite a bit of fun. 

I toned down the decals with a very light coat of ocean grey to act as a filter which im very pleased with. Be using that on the B17 for sure. 

Two last minute disasters, one, the paintwork, 2 a handling error snapping the tip off the radio mast immediately after photography. At least I managed to sort the paintwork.  

Anyhow here are the photos. 

DSC_4821_2.jpg

DSC_4822_1.jpg

DSC_4823.jpg

DSC_4828.jpg

DSC_4825.jpg

DSC_4826.jpg

DSC_4824.jpg

DSC_4827.jpg

Blue skies Edgar. I hope your looking down with approval. 

Edited by Phartycr0c