You stand better on two feet...

KOTR

...starting with the cockpit, as usual. I punched out each dial separately, just to realise, it ain't worth the hassle. I am going to close the canopy anyways, and that one is way to thick and to distorted to allow seeing the cockpit details...

post-905-1202573149.jpg

...and finally the hot section(?) of the engine. In the meantime, the main fuselage is closed and in the process of filling and sanding. But that's on another film roll which is yet in my camera :rolleyes: Hope you like it so far.

post-905-1202573442.jpg

Ah, for the young 'uns, film rolls are those little cartridges one used to put into a camera when I was young. They contain a long strip of celluloid, of which a small lenght is peeping out of a slit. If you pull out the complete strip, it'll be all black - that is because it hasn't been fixed yet, and the film roll is unusable now, dude!

Sounds funny, but that's the way it is, boy... :D

(I'm waiting for ssculpture to chime in and tell us a story about photographic plates :lol: :lol: )

post-905-1202833114.jpg

Well it has been a long time since I have used film! Probably nearing ten years.

I am even starting to run out of all the cannisters I kept to use for paints. (I use the cannisters to mix paint up for the airbrush.)

I still have my Canon AE-1 and Rebel film cameras, but haven't used them in ages, don't even know if they still work. Probably need batteries, that's for sure.

My new setup for taking shots of the model is slick. I have a table setup behind my computer, with the camera plugged into the USB slot. I then setup the shot, go to the computer and from Canon's EOS Utility software I fire off the shutter. It auto downloads the shot, I review it, and if I don't like it I can change shutter speed, f-stop, etc. from the computer and fire the shutter again and repeat without leaving the computer. I love it!! I just have to get up to turn off the spots. Hmmm, if I set up the lights to The Clapper....

Well, one day, my mom came up with the idea of buying herself a new Canon EOS (also one of those oldfashioned film roll babes), so I came in posession of this wonderful Minolta Dynax 7000i, including two objective up to 300 mm focal lenght, a dozen of fitting filters, a flash and some other useful pieces of equipment including a very handy photo bag. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

But being on aid, I gladly accept donations for a Sony/formerly Minolta DSLR photo. I can keep my wish moderate, all other equipment is already there :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

My Ex has one of those 7000i's...they are a damned good camera. Did you get the expansion card series that came with them. You can do all sorts of spiffy things ( double exposures etc) with that one.

Model is looking great so far.

PS...hehe I also started on a tamiya 1/12 WR1FordF1 Wolf Racing...sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

A little progress report before Dave comes with a wakeup call ;)

All the major parts are glued and most of it is filled and sanded. A few small spots need a little more attention with Mr. Surfacer and sanding paper as well as an odd number of panel lines, that need to be (re-)done. Final coat with Surfacer should be applied tomorrow and then I should be able to start painting. It's getting tight, I have to calculate a week for getting the film roll developed :(

If it ain't a problem, I'd finish the kit and deliver the pictures of the finished plane the first week of April? :P

• 2 weeks later...
A little progress report before Dave comes with a wakeup call :rolleyes:

All the major parts are glued and most of it is filled and sanded. A few small spots need a little more attention with Mr. Surfacer and sanding paper as well as an odd number of panel lines, that need to be (re-)done. Final coat with Surfacer should be applied tomorrow and then I should be able to start painting. It's getting tight, I have to calculate a week for getting the film roll developed :rolleyes:

If it ain't a problem, I'd finish the kit and deliver the pictures of the finished plane the first week of April? :lol:

Not a problem Mate!