Aussie Revell Mirage 1/32..one more before I finish, promise!

ericg

So I know I promised that there would be no more shots until the final photos, but I realized there were a couple more details that I hadn't done, so here they are!

The tail has a small red light with a clear lense on it, either side near the top. I replicated this using 7 small parts of decals for each light.

A3A5DA40-BBBB-4A4E-8FD4-C4F42E1187A0_zps

The nose gear flipper door when down should have a small yellow and black handle that extends out of the nose gear bay and is part of the pilots pre flight inspection as mentioned before. I just had to have that detail, so a small length of brass rod painted yellow and then black striped using some of the tiny black lines that divide each scheme on a Wingnut Wings sheet. I have mentioned before that this is great stuff to use for many projects that need thin black lines.

5076EA85-44FF-437A-AB8F-7EA1F837DA69_zps

71CB6263-EA40-452A-9D61-56DEBCB611D3_zps

It just peeks out when extended

4A661D92-1645-4AA1-A40B-9E79644F1ACB_zps

I have gone over the model with a fine tooth comb and come up with a list, I guess it is me just making sure that I nail everything before I commit the model to its final coat... not that it has stopped me from diving back in a conducting major surgery on a model before! Basically, everytime I think of something that still needs to be done I am writing it down.

35305D30-F365-4FDD-BEFC-2778CD02B896_zps

Jobs like painting the tanks!

1C11A5D6-5076-4583-A83F-B34DD14F07BE_zps

This is going to be spectacular once it's all finished.  Your Mirage really sets the bar high if anyone releases a new one.  But I'm sure you're ready to get this one off the bench.

Your builds are quite amazing, will be great to see your next project

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks gents.

I will only do one more run of parts and then move onto other projects. Will advise when I am ready to accept final orders.

Already have the next kit lined up after the mirage and am champing at the bit to get into it, so really want this one off the bench!

Eric

Thanks gents.

I will only do one more run of parts and then move onto other projects. Will advise when I am ready to accept final orders.

Already have the next kit lined up after the mirage and am champing at the bit to get into it, so really want this one off the bench!

Eric

Thats great news, I am in with at least some wheel bays and engine nozzel.

Your Mirage is looking fantastic.