1/72 Tie Fighter

BloorwestSiR

Well, it's been a long week and my work bench is in shambles at the moment due to a complete reorganization of the basement so I decided to build something that:

1) I could skip using glue, paint, and filler

2) build on the dining table

3) and most importantly, finish in one sitting

So I went through my stash of Bandai kits and picked this one out.

20171025_210729-L.jpg

Carl

Bandai cleverly moulded the solar panels as multiple parts to facilitate painting.

20171025_213925-L.jpg

Since everything just press fits together, I can always take things apart in the future and paint them if I want.

20171025_214849-L.jpg

On the provided display place and with the laser blasts in place

20171025_215614-L.jpg

Under inspection from our cat:

20171025_215836-L.jpg

From start to finish, I think it was about 40 minutes.

A great distraction and well worth the time.

Carl

I do love the Bandai Star Wars series! Awesome fit and detail. Thanks for sharing this. Now if they could just make a snap-together detailed 1/72 Millenium Falcon...

Cheers, Tom

Tom, Bandai do make a 1/72 Falcon. There's a thread in the General Discussion section on it.

Carl

Carl..

Sweet and oh SO COOL ! And that's just the cat... :wub:

:wicked:

Beautiful little build... it is very NICE... Good work.. I am most impressed by how quickly it was done.

Beautiful little FIGHTER.

:wow: :bow:

Thanks Maru! I think our cat is more of a Spitfire fan though.

IMG_20170211_173039-L.jpg

Carl

Carl,

I know, but it's not snap-together! :) I have the Fine Molds kit, in for the long haul...

Cheers, Tom

Not sure if it matters to you or not, but the Perfect Grade Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon is most certainly snap together, as pretty much all Bandai kits are.

It's all the same technology they put into their Gundam kits or the TIE fighter you show here.

By the way, your TIE looks nice! 

You may want to consider flipping your Fine Molds MF on Ebay and using the proceeds to help fund the Bandai; it's level of detail is beyond the FM kit, even though the FM kit is really quite nice in its own right.

Everyone loved all the FM Star Wars stuff...until the Bandai kits came along.  They pretty much universally relegate their FM equivalents to second place.

The FM Falcon is from ESB where as the Bandai one is from a new hope... who said that you only need one in the stash?  :innocent: 

The Bandai Falcon sure has some great features, but also has some strainge bits too and although it is a snap together kit the build I have been watching on youtube the guy is having to work extra hard to eliminate joins.