Heller 1/24 Stuka

Here I go again, another Stuka, there is something about these planes that fascinates me,

Anyhow heres the latest beast that is going to cross my workbench

Stukaboxart.jpg

And because of the scale I will be trying out some Montax masks and not even trying to use

the supplied decals.

stukamontaxmasks.jpg

First job is to try and improve the circuit breaker panel by drilling out the moulded in switches, then

to add some new ones. I have already drilled out the large holes, small ones next.

circuitbreaker-1.jpg

Cheers all.

That's going to be a big Stuka!

It might be a really great addition to our next Group Build which starts in just a few days. Less than 25% complete at the start (the 15th) and you qualify.

Let us know if you're interested and we can just move this thread over to the new GB forum once it's up.

Enjoy your build!

Hi Ads,

As far as I know its the Airfix kit re-boxed, I actually got this kit from E-Bay last year for

£30, which seeing as they sometimes go for £40 seems quite a bargain. Especially when you realize how

much plastic is in the kit. :rolleyes:

Has for the camo scheme, its going to be the snake ----- gotta be really !!! :rolleyes:

Yes, the kit was sold under Airfix, Heller, and MRC(?) labels. All the same except maybe decals.

Since there are 3 of us who may build this kit some day or other, maybe the discussion should begin about colors?

1.) Do you plan on putting the snake on one side or both sides? What colors are you planning on making the spots on the snake? Red, Sand, green? I know all older profiles have shown the spots as red, but recent interpretation of the photo call for sand-colored spots. And since no known photo exists of the starboard side...

1.) Do you plan on putting the snake on one side or both sides? What colors are you planning on making the spots on the snake? Red, Sand, green? I know all older profiles have shown the spots as red, but recent interpretation of the photo call for sand-colored spots. And since no known photo exists of the starboard side...

Hrmmm... Good point Ray, I hadn't thought about that one yet, as I had no idea there was conflicting information about the scheme.

It certainly warrants some further investigation, as now my curiosity is piqued! :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts Ray? John?

Cheers guys,

Jay

Aaah what is the correct colour scheme ??

The latest thinking from different forums that I have visited is that the 2 known Stukas's

where sand coloured and not red :rolleyes:

Though looking at he below photo, god knows how peaple have worked that one out ??

Schlange1.jpg

Now as to the snake being painted on both sides or one side only, I personally think it

was only painted on one side, because the German propoganda ministry where big on taking

photos, and I belive if it where painted on both sides they would have documented it somewhere ;)

Thats just my thoughts, but if anybody has any more ideas please pass them on.

But for now mines going to be sand coloured and on one side only. Plenty of time to change if need be. :lol:

T6_DP.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

The spots being a dark sand color makes sense. If you look at the above photo and trust that the snakes eye was red, it does appear to be much darker than the spots. As for being painted on both sides, if this was a personal marking then it was probably just on the port side. Even unit emblems weren't always painted on the starboard side and personal markings almost never were.