Sopwith Snipe

MikeC

I probably shoudn't enter this GB, because I've got one GB entry on the go already (a Hawk in "Winkle's Wings") and plenty of other models I should be getting on with.  But hey, who says what I "should" model, apart from me??

So I'm in, with a Sopwith Snipe.  It's the Wingnut kit, of course, and equally of course it's the post-war edition.  I've also got a Pheon decal sheet, and I've not decided on a subject yet, but I'm inclining towards either 19 Sqn, based at RAF Duxford, or 23 Sqn at RAF Henlow; both airfields are not a million miles from me, and both subjects have squadron markings.

Wish me luck!

Nice!  Looking forward to this one. The little late Snipe I built, was REAL joy to put together. Just watch out for the Aldis gun sight; It actually attaches to the upper wing, but has to slip through an opening in the windscreen that is attached to the lower wing.

• 2 months later...

You may have noticed a slight lack of postings in this one.  I've been working on the Hawk mentioned above; I've diverted off down a side alley via a Tamiya 1:48 Sturmovik (as a B-31 in Czechoslovak markings, since you ask);  and of course there's been other stuff we can lump together under the heading "real life".  So I've not managed to do more than open the box, look at the contents, and think "Wonderful!  Must start you soon."

Given my rate of build, and the fact that I'm due to do another full build review for a mag shortly, I'm afraid there's no hope of finishing the Snipe by the GB deadline.  I still want to do it, though, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from the GB.

I'll be watching those who are doing something with interest.