Hawker Typhoon Mk1

Azgaron

Now the IP is done!

hawker_typhoon_ip_done_640x519.jpg

Maybe no masterpiece, but I think it turned out pretty good, and it'll fill it's purpose! :lol:

There is one thing left to fit on the IP, and that's this!

hawker_typhoon_sight_472x512.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic, but I have problems staying focused sometimes :lol:

I'm not 100% sure how it's supposed to look, but I guess that strip on the round part should be removed, and perhaps a plastic sheet added.

Now that I got all the interior parts done, I can start closing the fuselage halves.

Cheers,

Azgaron

This is going slower than anticipated, considering the deadline, it's kind of a hurry! :lol: Although I don't feel that deep into AMS (first degree denial :lol: ), I still feel the need to "fix" things!

First I thought the tail wheel looked strange, but obviously it looks that way!

There's only one small section of the cowling open to show the engine, and not very much will be seen. Somehow I thought that a "fake" engine frame would enhance looks a bit, so I made on (or rather two), and hopefully it will look Ok once in place.

hawker_typhoon_tail_wheel_640x497.jpg

I'll show some pics with it in place! Now I need to get moving if I'm going to be done before deadline!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Don't succumb too much to AMS or you'll never finish it!! :blink:

The tail wheel is correct. The brits often used so called anti shimmy tyres, equipped with two threads.

Shimmy is vibration of a free castoring wheel, the same you can experience with a shopping trolley. A tyre with two threads elegantly solves this problem.

Success with the rapid build of your Typhoon.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the info about the tire!

Since I got all the interior parts done, I don't think I'll venture any further into the depts of AMS on this kit. It'll be pretty much straght forward from now on I think.

Cheers,

Azgaron

Better keep going then! :)

hawker_typhoon_assembly_1_640x480.jpg

Body glued and set to dry a while. The upper and lower wing halves are also glued, but the middle section is just test fitted.

As soon as the wings and the fins are glued, I can start taking care of the seams.

Cheers,

Azgaron

The fit of the wings was a bit too tight! I could get them in place with mild violence, but then I had to glue the nose again. So I had to break up the wings and start over. After fitting the middle part to the body, I could start getting the wings on. Somehow the left side didn't fit well, and I had to correct it a little. After some work both wings was in place.

hawker_typhoon_assembled_640x480.jpg

Then the seam ended up like this, and will need some filling, but I have more seams to fix anyway!

hawker_typhoon_wing_seam_640x480.jpg

Stupidly I've glued the fin halves together, and forgot which one goes where! :rolleyes:

hawker_typhoon_tail_640x480.jpg

I haven't found any good pic showing how it should look yet!

Cheers,

Azgaron