WNW Fe.2b "Early" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Danny,

Thanks so much for sharing your technique with us.  After the weeks drying time, do you seal the oil paint with a Satin clear finish? (50/50 gloss/matt), or just a matt finish as the rest of the interior would be clear coated in?

Joel

With pleasure Joel. :)

If it comes to the cockpit, i don't use a clear coat to seal the oil paint, because it's gives all ready a nice semi matt appearance. I use only a clear coat when there are decals need to be placed onto the wood grain surface. Regarding wood grain surface on the outside of the plane i always use a semi gloss clear coat.

Greetz

Danny

Danny!

Great progress and superb tutorial. Clear and concise. The "classic" way of doing the graining, as you so beautifully presented it, in my eyes still is the best way of simulating woodgraining and you are a master at it my friend!

The only thing i do differently is to use a drying accelerator. I personally use blitz-dry and works a treat. I go to sleep and wake up, the oils are dry. I am impatient hehehe. Looking forward to the next episode ;-)

Karim

Danny!

Great progress and superb tutorial. Clear and concise. The "classic" way of doing the graining, as you so beautifully presented it, in my eyes still is the best way of simulating woodgraining and you are a master at it my friend!

The only thing i do differently is to use a drying accelerator. I personally use blitz-dry and works a treat. I go to sleep and wake up, the oils are dry. I am impatient hehehe. Looking forward to the next episode ;-)

Karim 

Karim, my friend, thank's for the nice comment. :speak_cool:

Can you give me a link about the Blitz-Dry accelerator mate, because i want to try that to.

Greetz

Danny

Danny sure buddy

I am just going to paste the link here as i am using the mobile to post now. It's on the top of the page. I got my two off of ebay for the same price and had them shipped

https://www.uschivdr...shop-chemicals/

Karim 

Thank's mate, and sorry for the rather late reply. Last day's where hectic regarding work.

Cockpit of the Fee is finally done and closed in by the two fuselage half's. Seat-belt's are also added and insides are wheatered.

7F50Mjgh.jpg

aVxp5dlh.jpg

qPLLG3Sh.jpg

jlRMMC5h.jpg

VpUKXeZh.jpg

63peCBgh.jpg

3453tVyh.jpg

cTqSlyyh.jpg

fSl3uoRh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Danny bro the interior looks superb!

I blame you for getting me hooked on ww1 aircraft lol!

I remember once, you encouraged me when i was hesitating wether to start my first ww1 build and you said go for it and your build is the best example of how inspire others my friend!

The interior sides of the fuselage are great with the linen the plywood and the natural metal. Did you use oils to weather the forward section with the wooden ribs or is it pastels or flory wash?

Looking forward to when you'll start on the engine!

Karim

WONDERFUL.  :clap2:   :clap2:   :clap2:   :bow:

Thank's William. :speak_cool:

Looking great!    :popcorn:

Tim W.

Thank's Tim. :speak_cool:

Danny the finished cockpit looks great, and once installed into the fuselage shell, is just spectacular.   :yahoo:

Joel

Thank's Joel. I was surprised that lot's of the detail's where still visible once the cockpit was enclosed by it's two fuselage half's. :thumbsup:

Danny bro the interior looks superb!

I blame you for getting me hooked on ww1 aircraft lol!

I remember once, you encouraged me when i was hesitating wether to start my first ww1 build and you said go for it and your build is the best example of how inspire others my friend!

The interior sides of the fuselage are great with the linen the plywood and the natural metal. Did you use oils to weather the forward section with the wooden ribs or is it pastels or flory wash?

Looking forward to when you'll start on the engine!

Karim 

Thank's my friend. :speak_cool:

I know, i know......i confess it was a smart move to let you take knowledge of those splendid W.W.1 crates :rofl:  But on the other hand, it's a joy to see how you build and paint your WNW models my friend, really, like i said before, i become a real fan of your work and i mean that with all my heart. :thumbsup:

Indeed, i used just an oil wash to get the dirty look on the linnen.

Greetz

Danny

JUST got this kit!  After getting the two Camels I wanted, this one was on my list, and when SB.com got it in  I jumped on it, not knowing when it would become OOP.

Really great work so far Danny!    I have not looked the kit over that much, but looks to be typical WnW kit, and this is making me want to break it out again.

Great work on the wood pieces.