HKM To Re release the B-17G

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

Will be interesting to see if anything is different on the G fuselage in the re release from the molds possibly being altered.

I thought the whole reason for the dodgy indent in the fuse' on the F kit was because they adjusted the G moulds?

Rog :)

More than likely the molds were made to accept a plug that can be changed to do the E/F/early G and late G.  This would create the odd patterns on the inside and the rivet problem on the E/F.  If that plug is removed and the piece for the staggered opening is put back in, you have the late G again.

Greetings Everyone,

I'm new to posting here, my first in fact (I think) but have been reading all the 1/32 B-17 WIP's and Inspections I can to get ideas for my G. Didn't I read somewhere that the G molds were altered to correct the radio room floor step, or was it the F? If so I'll be adding this G in the future, along with an F....  I'll have to sell a kidney first ... but hey.

Geddy, the original G kit had the "step" in the radio room floor. The E/F kit corrected the error with a new radio room floor and rear wing spar. Another poster here advised their G kit, which was perhaps one of the last batches, came with the corrected parts as well.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Geddy, the original G kit had the "step" in the radio room floor. The E/F kit corrected the error with a new radio room floor and rear wing spar. Another poster here advised their G kit, which was perhaps one of the last batches, came with the corrected parts as well.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Thank you Dennis!

I got mine waaay back when it first appeared so I have the step, which I didn't correct. This is my first start to finish model since I was in my 20's... 58 now, and first venture into scratch building parts and pieces to enhance a model ever.... I've incorporated several ideas I've seen here (and elsewhere) and will certainly add more as I plod along with this gorgeous ship.

I'm quite the amateur, but I will have to do that Dennis,

I've been at this kit off and on since it premiered, mostly off, but recently after seeing quite a few of the excellent builds here, not just B-17's, I'm fired up now and hope to stay that way until I complete it.

This one will be a fictitious camouflaged plane from the 549th Sq. - 385th BG, my dads Group. I was doing it for him so it's intended to be his most recent memories, somewhat muddled by dementia, of ships he flew out of Great Ashfield... lumped into one build. Sadly he passed in July 2016 at 97 but I will continue this one as intended.

Then, the "new" G, when I get it, well I'm torn tbh ... something historical or something ... crazy. Plus my stash is calling too!

Regards,

David

David-

Small world! I am currently working on a Fort, albeit in 1/72, for a coworker who's Dad was a ball turret gunner with the 385th. If you PM me your Dad's full name and crew position, I can track down his exact plane(s) for you, if you'd like.

Sorry for the passing of your Dad. My coworker lost his Dad in December, and I lost my Grandfather, a bombardier with the 96th BG, in December as well.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA