Heinkel He -111.

TimHepplestone

Looking good! I was eyeing the Pro-Modeler version at a local hobby shop a few weeks ago, you are making it very tempting.

She really is a big girl!

I think you need to name her "Hilda".

Thanks. Good name suggestion. Normally my models go through lots of name changes though. Names such as “Where's the hobby knife OUCH†or “ Damn this airbrush†or “useless piece of plastic s**t†seem to predominate.

I just looked at the pro modelers kit online. Looks like exactly the same sprues?

Edited by TimHepplestone

Nice detailing on that pad there. Looks good. Overall a really nice effort on the cockpit

Cheers mate . A million and one uses for surgical gauze ... creating texture in milliput. Still have all the instrument panels to do which get added to the monstrous amounts of glazing in the nose. Not a lot of interior detail in this kit, being a typical Revell offering so with all the glazing the cockpits going to be a real focal point.

Small update as work has interfered with bench time. Spent some time addressing an issue I had with the gondola. The kit gondola is incorrect for an 1940 H2 or H3 version. Fortunatly the kit contains a lot of sprues from the P version. So I ended up by building a hybrid version using a mix of parts from the P and H-6 version to approximate the reference pics. Lots of fettling and I'm sure Heinkel experts out there will point out the lack of accuracy but from 6 feet away it looks ok :innocent: 

F1jVPc7l.png

Thats the reference, and this is what I cobbled together compared to the kit instructions

1SA8jmhl.jpg

4Dmlawhl.jpg

Scratch build padding from milliput. I have some reference pics showing a rough and ready padded surface that the ventral gunner used. Apparently they refferred to it as the "Sterbebett" meaning deathbed ,as this was the bit fighters tended to open up on first. And I though my job was tough!!

Gk6AFGHl.jpg

Needs some gentle attention with a bit of filler. The kit gun barrels are miserable, and I will be replacing them with brass barrels which I've ordered from Hannants a month ago. Not Hannants fault but South African postal service if bleeding erratic at best. 

This is so cool ! T have a -4 torpedo bomber is the planning stage. Have most of the parts I need. Good luck on yours, looks smashing......Harv :popcorn: