B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Carl,

I admire your fortitude with the HGW seatbelts, one set of belts got me running to the single malt, can't imaging doing two sets... and everything looks absolutely great. I realized this week-end after glueing the nose how much présence this model has, having two side by side in the display cabinet will be something.

Cheers,

David

Guest Peterpools

Ccarl

Very nice work on the beginnings of both front offices - PE work and seat belts surely look spot on.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Guest Maxim

Really nice work. The cockpit looks really nice and I like that both seats are the same size! Just remember to add the same armor plate behind the co pilots seat as the pilot.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work Carl! Did you have to paint over the Eduard cockpit photoetch, or did they do a good job matching the color?

Cheers, tom

Tom, I didn't paint over the Eduard PE. It's odd though that some bits are a proper black and others are dark grey. Thankfully there aren't any bits that ares green which might have required a repaint. Edited by BloorwestSiR

Carl,

I admire your fortitude with the HGW seatbelts, one set of belts got me running to the single malt, can't imaging doing two sets... and everything looks absolutely great. I realized this week-end after glueing the nose how much présence this model has, having two side by side in the display cabinet will be something.

Cheers,

David

Thanks David! One thing I've done is use the instructions from Wako instead of the HGW ones. They make much more sense and are easier to understand. Now if only HGW would lay out their buckles the way Wako does and they'd be even easier to assemble.

Carl absolutely stunning progress, really jealous at the amount of benchtime, I'm on an hour a week if I am lucky...........

Thanks! I haven't been at the bench as much lately though. The weather here's been great and my boys just don't want to come home from school. We're in the playground everyday for an hour or so after class with them playing with friends. It's hard to complain about that since they're getting exercise and fresh air. At least there's other parents to talk to.

Ccarl

Very nice work on the beginnings of both front offices - PE work and seat belts surely look spot on.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! The center console with all the levers was a right pain to put together. I'm thinking of sticking to the kit parts for French Kiss. Edited by BloorwestSiR

Really nice work. The cockpit looks really nice and I like that both seats are the same size! Just remember to add the same armor plate behind the co pilots seat as the pilot.

Thanks Maxim! Here's the copilot one mounted to the bulkhead as per the Eduard set.

DSC_0558-L.jpg

This is the pilot one attached to French Kiss. If they're supposed to be the same for both pilots, I may have a bit of work cut out for me.

DSC_0559-L.jpg

Edited by BloorwestSiR

A bit more progress and a bunch of jumping around.

First, I started working on some of the additional details to go into the navigators position forward of the bomb bay.

DSC_0561-L.jpg

The cylinder is the hydraulic reservoir. In plumbing it up, I noticed that the lines went into the bomb bay. So I ended up drilling through the bomb bay floor and mounting the lines accordingly. Which is a bit of a pain when the bomb bay is already assembled.

DSC_0552-L.jpg

Then I started working on cleaning up the various MGs fitted to the planes. I also started working on the second pair of engines.

DSC_0560-L.jpg

The additional nav position details in place on the front wall of the bomb bay.

DSC_0563-L.jpg

In case anyone's wondering, these are from a resin entail set I purchased on eBay. The moldings are nice and clean and the seller even removes most of the pour stubs from them. He also does a set of USAAF radios which I picked up as well to use a couple from.

DSC_0562-L.jpg

Now for some bad news. Either my son or his friend were trying to get something off my paint rack when they managed to tear it off the wall. Which meant the rack plus 50 or so jars of Tamiya and Gunze paints landed on the cockpits for both B-25s.

At the moment I can't locate all the bits and those I have found are pretty smushed.

Besides the discussion with my son about why he shouldn't be near my bench unsupervised, I'm going to have to figure out what to do next.

Sigh,

Carl