• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76 Maxim

Maxim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

There's was a wedding? Every TV was turned off in my house on purpose. Better things to do like build models and hang out here!

• Martinnfb likes this

#77 Shaka HI

Shaka HI

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:08 AM

I watched and enjoyed it -- TWICE (in bed 1 AM my time and during the re-broadcast while at work)!

Too many damn cynics in these forums!

:)

• Cees Broere and Martinnfb like this

#78 ringleheim

ringleheim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

I watched and enjoyed it -- TWICE (in bed 1 AM my time and during the re-broadcast while at work)!

Too many damn cynics in these forums!

I loved it too.

The church they were married in is gorgeous, as was the cello playing by that 19 year old phenom.

The wedding has now put him on my radar, which is one of the more exciting discoveries I've made in recent months! 

• Martinnfb and Shaka HI like this

#79 Scotsman

Scotsman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

He was BBC young musician of the year in 2017 , and a brilliant musician , and something of a reminder to all us non musical lumps just what true talent is all about !

anyway back to important topics, when are we going to get a 1/35 or 32nd AH-64D Please - and not the Kangman one , a real one!

Oh as for the wedding , she was pretty , But  I got really angry when I found out the Beautiful E-type they drove off in a was Electric.. Seriously Electric.. what is wrong with this world!

What am I talking about 

4C81AEAB00000578-0-image-m-7_15269390572

1968 S2 E-type , with batteries!

• Martinnfb, Out2gtcha and Shaka HI like this

#80 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

I didn't watch it. Was busy with other things.

But he k NO WAY... battery powered :doh:

But I did watch the Young Musician if the Year when Sheku Kanneh- Mason won in 2016.

Sublime performance.

Just to add a bit of Class to LSP....

"Sheku Kanneh-Mason - Winner BBC Young Musician 2016 - Shostakovich Cello Concerto No 1".

• Martinnfb, Shaka HI and MikeC like this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#81 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Wedding's over folks. Move along, move along.  :innocent:

• Martinnfb and MARU5137 like this

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), and some others.....

Completed in 2017: Trumpeter Bf109E-4, 1/16 Waffen SS figure

Previous Completions: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#82 PhilB

PhilB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Wedding's over folks. Move along, move along.  :innocent:

Why?

It's not harming anybody.

• Martinnfb, BiggTim, Shaka HI and 1 other like this

I'm allergic to stupidity................I break out in sarcasm

#83 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

And here are his Siblings.

Watch "The Kanneh-Masons - Britain's Got Talent 2015 Semi-Final 4" on YouTube

• Martinnfb, BiggTim, Shaka HI and 1 other like this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#84 vince14

vince14

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Oh as for the wedding , she was pretty , But  I got really angry when I found out the Beautiful E-type they drove off in a was Electric.. Seriously Electric.. what is wrong with this world!

Better get used to it, it's the way the world's going. There probably won't be any new petrol or diesel cars built in 20-30 years' time - not even hybrids. They'll all be electric or hydrogen and self-driving. Hell, we probably won't even see mass personal car ownership in 30 years. I love cars - I own a Mustang myself - but even I have to admit that they're pretty much expensive metal boxes that spend the vast majority of their time sitting idle.

I'm hoping that, just as the car changed the horse from work thing to play thing, so too will electric/hydrogen/self-driving cars mean that ICU cars become fun things to play with in your spare time rather than a tool to get you to and from work.

Edited by vince14, 24 May 2018 - 03:24 PM.

• Martinnfb, BiggTim and Shaka HI like this

#85 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

I have to admit, I have a 60s car, too, and as sacrilegious as it sounds, I think it would be fun to make it a hybrid. 8 cyl HP while driving in town, electric on the highway? Sounds cool to me!

Tim

• Martinnfb, Out2gtcha and Shaka HI like this

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), and some others.....

Completed in 2017: Trumpeter Bf109E-4, 1/16 Waffen SS figure

Previous Completions: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#86 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Type E was a great choice for wedding vehicle, kudos to Henry for staying in style.  :punk:

• BiggTim, Shaka HI and MikeC like this

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#87 mmaben

mmaben

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

Better get used to it, it's the way the world's going. There probably won't be any new petrol or diesel cars built in 20-30 years' time - not even hybrids. They'll all be electric or hydrogen and self-driving. Hell, we probably won't even see mass personal car ownership in 30 years.

star_1729224a.jpg

• MARU5137 likes this

I just like airplanes

Mike                        Smirnoffcat    RomanianG-2

#88 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:45 AM

Better get used to it, it's the way the world's going. There probably won't be any new petrol or diesel cars built in 20-30 years' time - not even hybrids. They'll all be electric or hydrogen and self-driving. Hell, we probably won't even see mass personal car ownership in 30 years. I love cars - I own a Mustang myself - but even I have to admit that they're pretty much expensive metal boxes that spend the vast majority of their time sitting idle.

I'm hoping that, just as the car changed the horse from work thing to play thing, so too will electric/hydrogen/self-driving cars mean that ICU cars become fun things to play with in your spare time rather than a tool to get you to and from work.

.... That is, until someone finds out that the ecological impact and carbon balance of an electric car thoughout his entire life is not better than its fossil fuel ancestor. Those batteries aren’t cheap to produce, carbon-wise, nor very eco-friendly (rare minerals, anyone ?) ....
Not to mention that the electricity had better NOT be produced by a fossil-fuel-burning power station ...

Oh well, if we can see more sexy E-Types on the roads ... ;)

Hubert
  • Martinnfb and MARU5137 like this

#89 Maxim

Maxim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

E Types are great, as long as it starts and you drive it in a straight line!  :hmmm: 

• Martinnfb and MostlyRacers like this

#90 vince14

vince14

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

.... That is, until someone finds out that the ecological impact and carbon balance of an electric car thoughout his entire life is not better than its fossil fuel ancestor. Those batteries aren’t cheap to produce, carbon-wise, nor very eco-friendly (rare minerals, anyone ?) ....
Not to mention that the electricity had better NOT be produced by a fossil-fuel-burning power station ...

All true, of course, but it's not going to make the slightest difference. The UK has already banned the sale of new petrol or diesel cars from 2040 (and plenty are clamoring for that to come down to 2030), and Volvo will only build electric or hybrid cars from 2019. Given the current fetishism for anything Tesla, the writing is already on the wall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users