Photo

I start 30 days of Fasting tonight...Yikes !!

Ramzan

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#76 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Watching you...

:popcorn:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#77 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

Going out to MY cousin who has invited ME to go break the Roza with her family. So will be going to share and"break bread" as the saying goes.

Knowing Her I think she will be making Biryani, Rotis, Okra and Aubergine curry seperately, lamb curry with tomatoes and spices,and fried chicken with spices And glass of COOL iced tea ..

And topped off with Poppadoms , Kachoomber, Raita and other things like samosas and other Indian nibbles..

SO today I do no cooking. :yahoo:
  • Harold, Bruce_Crosby and Shaka HI like this

Res Non Verba .

#78 Hawkwrench

Hawkwrench

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

Is their any country that doesn't have fried chicken??? Lol

Tim
  • LSP_Matt and MARU5137 like this
Clear up Right!
Tim

#79 Shaka HI

Shaka HI

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:33 AM

Maru, I thought you were Vegan?

(Almost a year of my vegetarian diet...1/2 the week are Vegan meals! Feeling gooood! I stopped losing weight so that's good...)

• MARU5137 likes this

#80 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

Is their any country that doesn't have fried chicken??? Lol
Tim

Tim... even the indeginous population of Amazon have fried chicken..

:rofl:

Res Non Verba .

#81 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:19 AM

Maru, I thought you were Vegan?

(Almost a year of my vegetarian diet...1/2 the week are Vegan meals! Feeling gooood! I stopped losing weight so that's good...)

Shaka... no Sorry.
:oops:

I DO eat meat but certain foods for ME and MY kind cannot eat... I eat Halal/Kosher Meat.

I can't eat Pig (or anything relating to it), Duck, Eels... I cannot eat any animal that has webbed feet or any birds regardless of their feet. Birds are a No No!

Cannot eat Octopus, clams, cockles and mussels and oysters and whelks and snails and slugs etc Any thing that is closed like oysters. CANNOT eat any fish that has NO Gills.so Eels etc are out!
Can eat dairy and drink dairy milk etc.

I can eat crab and lobster as they are open partly. :yahoo:

As long as the meat is Halal or Kosher (chicken ... lamb ... goat....etc ) I can eat it.

BUT If I am NOT ABLE TO BUY HALAL /KOSHER Meat Holy Book states THAT I can eat non halal meat as long as it is not prohibited meat as Pig is completely forbidden.And /BUT I should try and locate a HALAL shop and try buy HALAL meat.(when MY Aunt and her Husband lived in remote part of Toronto... they could not get HALAL meat so bough non HALAL. But found a shop some 100 miles away so they used to drive once a month to stock up on HALAL meats.she said it was a pain driving but had to be done :frantic: )

All vegetables and fruit are allowed.
All Alcohol is forbidden..
Food with pectin is not allowed.
I don't eat Shop bought Fish and Chips if cooked in Fat.. but if cooked in Oil I do...
I can buy meat from a Jewish butchers/meat shop and eat that because I KNOW THAT MEAT WILL BE KOSHER/HALAL and like US they are forbidden to eat Pig so I know that no pig meat would be in their shops. :thumbsup:

I told you all I was weird.

Now you know for sure I AM.

:rofl: :rofl:
  • Shaka HI likes this

Res Non Verba .

#82 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:26 AM

...on MY tenth day of Fast today.

:yahoo:
  • Shaka HI likes this

Res Non Verba .

#83 dennismcc

dennismcc

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

Shaka... no Sorry.
:oops:

I DO eat meat but certain foods for ME and MY kind cannot eat... I eat Halal/Kosher Meat.

I can't eat Pig (or anything relating to it), Duck, Eels... I cannot eat any animal that has webbed feet or any birds regardless of their feet. Birds are a No No!

Cannot eat Octopus, clams, cockles and mussels and oysters and whelks and snails and slugs etc Any thing that is closed like oysters. CANNOT eat any fish that has NO Gills.so Eels etc are out!
Can eat dairy and drink dairy milk etc.

I can eat crab and lobster as they are open partly. :yahoo:

As long as the meat is Halal or Kosher (chicken ... lamb ... goat....etc ) I can eat it.

BUT If I am NOT ABLE TO BUY HALAL /KOSHER Meat Holy Book states THAT I can eat non halal meat as long as it is not prohibited meat as Pig is completely forbidden.And /BUT I should try and locate a HALAL shop and try buy HALAL meat.(when MY Aunt and her Husband lived in remote part of Toronto... they could not get HALAL meat so bough non HALAL. But found a shop some 100 miles away so they used to drive once a month to stock up on HALAL meats.she said it was a pain driving but had to be done :frantic: )

All vegetables and fruit are allowed.
All Alcohol is forbidden..
Food with pectin is not allowed.
I don't eat Shop bought Fish and Chips if cooked in Fat.. but if cooked in Oil I do...
I can buy meat from a Jewish butchers/meat shop and eat that because I KNOW THAT MEAT WILL BE KOSHER/HALAL and like US they are forbidden to eat Pig so I know that no pig meat would be in their shops. :thumbsup:

I told you all I was weird.

Now you know for sure I AM.

:rofl: :rofl:

Kudos to my friends wife then, when we were living in Thailand a Malaysian friend used to invite us all to dinner, his wife cooked all the food and catered for all the various nationalities and religious groups among us, reading your lists certainly brings home to me what a great job she did.

Cheers

Den

• MARU5137, Shaka HI and Gerhard like this

#84 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Glad that your memories are rekindled.. :thumbsup:

Most Malaysians are Muslims so if that lady was a Muslim she did very well.
  • Shaka HI likes this

Res Non Verba .

#85 dennismcc

dennismcc

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Glad that your memories are rekindled.. :thumbsup:

Most Malaysians are Muslims so if that lady was a Muslim she did very well.

I don't think that she was a Muslim, her husband (Krishnan) was Malaysian of Indian descent and Hindu, she was Malaysian of Chinese descent and I must confess that I forget her religion but they were used to entertaining back in Port Dickson so she was probably a dab hand at it.

Cheers

Dennis

• MARU5137 and Shaka HI like this

#86 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Ah I get it now. Even the Hindus have a strict food or diet code.
Brahmins have SEPERATE cooking and eating utensils for Non BRAHMINS And the "ordinary " Hindu. When Mom and I were invited to dinner at one of MY Mom's closest friends whilst in India last year and who is a Brahmin(they knew one another for over 50 plus years ...) WE were given dinner in our dinner plates etc and washed separately before putting them away separately... even though MOM and this lady knew each other so well THAT makes no difference.

Very different indeed.

Although many Hindus are lacto-vegetarians, a large number of Hindus consume eggs and meat. Non-vegetarian Hindus prefer poultry, fish, other seafood, goat and lamb as their sources of meat .However, even meat eating Hindus have lacto-vegetarian meals on most days.

The diet of Hindus usually does not include eggs, fish or meat. However, if included, Hindus often favor jhatka (quick death) style preparation of meat since Hindus believe that this method minimizes trauma and suffering to the animal.

Many Hindus prefer a vegetarian or lacto-vegetarian.

Indian way of food eating and thinking!

eat only when one feels hungry" and "neither overeat nor eat to completely fill the capacity of one's stomach; rather leave a quarter portion empty and fill three quarters with quality food and fresh water".

There is nothing that is prohibited in Hinduism but there are things that are discouraged like meat and intoxicants. So some Hindus drink alcohol and some do not.

Pigs are not forbidden by Hinduism except by those sects that ban all meat. On the other hand not much pork is consumed in India except in areas that traditionally hunted wild boar or are near the border with China. Most of India can't afford to eat pork because pigs would compete directly with humans for food, and there just isn't enough to go around.

Cows: That cows are sacred to Hindus is well known but not exactly accurate. It is true a large part of the Hindu population venerate cows as "The Mother" and do not eat beef, but in some areas and within some castes beef is definitely eaten.

Mushrooms have been avoided by the higher castes because they "grow in dung and unclean ground", however morels have long been picked and enjoyed in Kashmir and significant mushroom farming operations have been started in Kerala, Karnataka and other states.

Onions & Garlic and all other members of the Allium genus including shallots, chives, leeks, etc. are forbidden to many Hindu sects and castes. Onions and garlic inhibit transcendence by clouding one's mind with "passion" (rajasic). Others say they cause "odors of the breath" which are offensive to Lord Krishna. Problem: no onions or garlic leaves a huge hole in the flavor spectrum which is partially patched by using the "aromatic" resin Asafoetida.

I can eat their food as it's always vegetarian..

Edited by MARU5137, 24 May 2018 - 03:23 PM.

• Shaka HI likes this

Res Non Verba .

#87 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:03 AM

So I just found out that everyone else started Fasting TWO whole days after ME. I started on Tuesday 15th May.

:hmmm: someone obviously forgot to mention that when I received MY timetable!!!

This still means I have to finish when Everyone else finishes... :rofl:

So I guess 2 extra are like practice!!!you don't get any extra blessings just because YOU did 2 extra Rozas !!

:frantic: :rofl:
  • Bill Cross likes this

Res Non Verba .

#88 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

.... So today is MY 13th day of Fasting.

MY throat is dry and the voice a tad deeper... like someone stuffed dry sticks inside MY throat. :notworking:

I can't soothe it with water as I am not allowed to drink liquids... :frantic:

I have lost some weight but not sure how much. However MY energy level seems to have gone up... even with deep sleep being disturbed and the circadian rhythm altered dramatically ...
:hmmm:

Anyhoo life carries on...

:punk: :yahoo:
  • Bill Cross likes this

Res Non Verba .

#89 Gerhard

Gerhard

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:18 AM

Hang in there Maru. Will be over before you know it. Now you can spend your meal times as kit times.

• MARU5137 likes this

#90 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

Thank you Gerhard.

:thumbsup:

Res Non Verba .