Messerschmitt Me109K-4,

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since i've updated. I've been busy with stuff and getting over some dental stuff. I managed to prime and paint the build tonight, it's in a scheme for I./KG(J)6 Bohemia, May 1945. Used Modelmaster acryl for the RLM76, Tamiya XF-75 for RLM75, and XF-5 for RLM83. Didn't have decals for the red/black band or the white 7 so i had to mask and paint these. German mottling has always been challenging for me, i stopped at a point that looked close enough for me. Hopefully i can spend a little more time on the build, should be plenty time to finish this before the end.

IMG_5313_zpsoe9rfodm.jpg

IMG_5314_zpsfbvtvaqw.jpg

Don

I'm assuming that's airbrushed rather than stippled Don, either way it looks very effective. The great thing about mottling is that the real thing was pretty much "non-standardised", the human element being more present than camouflage masks for instance.

Max

The painting and mottling were done by Aztek airbrush and Tamiya paints. I agree, mottling doesn't really have definite schematics or masking, you think it would be easier to do. I managed to do the decals and seal everything in, spinner spiral was masked and painted.

IMG_5316_zpsbtzftpnl.jpg

Hopefully will get more time at this.

Don