Yak 9 M/T Silver wings 1/32

Zero77

Odd to see SW branching away from Between the Wars stuff, but it's cool.

Thats what I was thinking for sure. Seems an odd choice from SW considering what their normal subject matter is, but indeed most welcome. Im not sure Id buy one as nice as SW kits are, its just that the money is tight for kits, and with SO many wonderful subjects coming in 32nd, I need to start really deciding what is really wanted and what is just sorta kinda wanted. 

Simon, on 24 january 2014 :

The Silver Wings team is dedicated to producing high-quality model kitsets of aircraft that our customers want to build.  To that end, we are continuing to work through your "wish list" in 2014.  As such, we are pleased to announce our 2014 release plan:

1/32 Boeing Stearman PT-13D/N2S-2

1/32 Fokker D.XXI

1/32 Curtiss P6E Hawk

1/32 Yak 9

1/32 Reggiane 2000 Falco

As a Polish company, we really would love to release a PZL P.11.  We are continuing our efforts to create a suitable model of this iconic Polish fighter in 1/32 scale and we hope that we will be able to add this to our 2014 release schedule.

To further "whet your appetite", we are pleased to announce our future release list as well.  These are the remaining items from the "wish list" our friends and customers have told us you would like to see.  They are (in no particular order):

1:32 Lavochkin La-5

1:48 Northrop A17A

1:32 Heinkel He-112

1:32 Gloster Gauntlet

1:32 Aichi D3A Val

1:32 Nakajima B5N Kate

1:32 Curtiss Falcon

Additionally, please note that starting with the Stearman we have changed our decals producer in an effort to provide even better quality for our customers.

1:32 Aichi D3A Val

1:32 Nakajima B5N Kate

I think Stephens day is finally here.  :lol:

I tell you what, I will be all OVER a 1:32nd B5N!!!  Seems an odd pick for SW, but knowing their quality and standard, I would not hesitate in the least.

Guest Smitty44

Bet we will hear from them any minute

Guess not, I saw they were logged on but to no avail. It looks like they may have told us more than once, but we just forgot. Here is a post from upcoming release thread "

Richard, for obvious reasons, such us Luko Copy (our "friends" from Poland who try hard to be like us and copy all our ideas because they aren't smart enough to do anything on their own), we can't say more about future releases apart from what you already know: Yak-9 and Re-2000

Edited by Smitty44

Guest Clunkmeister

Why 1/48 for the A-17A? That is a very cool aircraft in it's own right, and 1/48 would make it a no buy for me. :(

Would like the Northrop in 1/32 as well. It was used by the Dutch airforce in WW2 and would complement the Fokker d21. Besides that, one or two where captured and used by the Luftwaffe. Not to mention a few other countries which used this plane. Surely this kit would sell well in 1/32. Now if they would make a Fokker G1...

The He112 is also a must buy for me.

Guest Clunkmeister

And if they're really SILVER Wings, then why not the truly gorgeous Northrop Gamma, the A-17's civilian counterpart?