LSP Kit Database data collection thread!

LSP_Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anybody know whether the following kit was ever actually released?

Redux Republic P-47D Razorback Thunderbolt

Kev

Nope, it never materialized. :-(

Chris did the preview for us way back when - and I think he still has one of the test shots...

Here are a couple of previews of it when the test shots showed up:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/preview/Redux/p47/p47.php

http://www.ipmsusa3.org/reviews/Kits/First_Looks/REDUX_P-47_Razorback/REDUX_32_P-47D_Razorback.htm

http://kits.kitreview.com/p47d32reduxpreviewbg_1.htm

Thanks Randy. I might remove it from the database. Although perhaps there's a case for leaving it there with an explanatory note about its fate.

Kev

No problem... I'm not sure Contact-Resine is still is business. I know that they made a comeback in 2010 with a 1/24 (?) Sopwith Camel. I tried their website, and that is defunct. Although Design Marketing Int'l is still selling their stuff - perhaps Patrick is CR's storefront? Just thinking out loud on that last bit... :)

-randy

No problem... I'm not sure Contact-Resine is still is business. I know that they made a comeback in 2010 with a 1/24 (?) Sopwith Camel.

Yeah, they were going to send me one for review, but it never materialised, and enquiries about it went unanswered. Not sure if the kit was ever even officially released.

Kev

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the old Hasegawa G/J and the Revell C. To my chagrin they were both identical, so I said FUDGE. Actually I said the 4 letter F word, FRED. The C was supposed to have a shorter rudder. I recommend getting whatever is cheapest. Funny that none of the after market guys/gals caught on to this.

*BUMP*

Any thoughts on this?

Kev

Edited by Fred Jack

• 7 months later...

If my memory's right, Contact Resin was created and managed by Marc Guerrero (a French guy). He's still active somewhat as some Contact items are indeed sold by Design marketing International and one of his recent builds appeared in the Zoukei Moura Uhu concept note book. As far as I know, they decided to stop the P-47 work as the Hasegawa and Trumpeter releases were confirmed as soon to be released when they produced the first test shots. So the kit existed but it is very rare as the production was limited to some test-shots!

With regard to the Starfighters, the Revell and Hasegawa kits are very similar but not identical kits (I think I've somewhere a C and a G/J from each company).

Thierry

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, your phone can't be too smart then!

Kev

Sorry, that answer was rather glib. The interface is due a major overhaul when I can find the time (ie, never), so I'll look into it then.

Kev

It'd be great for the database to be more phone friendly but I don't doubt for a second the amount of work an overhaul could take.

Once I get some time in the next few weeks, I'm going to start updating vac kits in the database. Have any of you noticed any glaring omissions in any part of the list I should pay attention to?

Cheers

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Once I get some time in the next few weeks, I'm going to start updating vac kits in the database. Have any of you noticed any glaring omissions in any part of the list I should pay attention to?

Cheers

Mike

Talk to ssculptor, he's the resident vacuum head, no, wait a minute,...