Rules of the Road

Curiously, the only thing on that list which is also currently in my stash is a Bearcat. After literally 10 minutes' tireless searching on the 'net, I've concluded that the UK probably did not evaluate the F8F, which means Brown must have flown a USN or possibly a French plane?

This got me thinking, however: would a 'what if?' F8F-1 in FAA service painted either EDSG/DSG/sky (like a Corsair/Hellcat) or EDSG over sky like a Sea Fury be in the spirit of this project?  :wicked:

Darren

After literally five more minutes' searching on Google, I found this: http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/classic-wings-f8f-bearcat-dazzled-naval-aviators-in-the-1940s/

So Brown flew the Bearcat at Patuxent; still, please let me know if a 'what if?' FAA Bearcat would be OK. I can come up with something else without complaint if it's not.

Darren

After literally five more minutes' searching on Google, I found this: http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/classic-wings-f8f-bearcat-dazzled-naval-aviators-in-the-1940s/

So Brown flew the Bearcat at Patuxent; still, please let me know if a 'what if?' FAA Bearcat would be OK. I can come up with something else without complaint if it's not.

Darren

Yeh mate, a what if Bearcat would be ok to build.

Thanks Max...I'm pretty sure this is beyond my experience/skill level, but I'm still considering it.....we'll see!

Only way to learn and improve Shaka, challenge yourself. :) End of the day, it's only plastic......at least that's what I tell myself when I've got my razor saw in my hand about to do surgery!

Max

I've had a look at his list of planes he flew.  I might build a second kit after the Dornier 27 in this GB.

It starts with "A". Any guesses ?

Avro Lancaster.