1/32 Trumpeter p47 Thunderbolt

Vynce804

I keep forgetting that I already saw this, and I keep wanting to "like" it again!! I especially like the way the rivets show through the invasion stripes. You must have used a similar technique to what I did on my Hellcat a few years back, because it looks really similar, and I like it a LOT!  Did you poke the rivets in so they were slightly raised around the needle hole and then lightly sand them off after painting?

Tim

I keep forgetting that I already saw this, and I keep wanting to "like" it again!! I especially like the way the rivets show through the invasion stripes. You must have used a similar technique to what I did on my Hellcat a few years back, because it looks really similar, and I like it a LOT!  Did you poke the rivets in so they were slightly raised around the needle hole and then lightly sand them off after painting?

Tim

Hi Tim, for the invasion stripes I simply used a light grey oil wash to pick up the panel lines and rivets. I like the sound of your technique though and will definitely try it in the future. Cheers. Matt

Well done Matt.  Awesome efforts.   I can't believe I didn't leave a comment earlier than just now!  This isn't the razor back you stripped with the big shark mouth on it, is it?   Thanks for sharing this with us. 

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is sensational. Would love to see a tutorial on how you did the chequers on the cowling. Fantastic work.

Hi, I've included some pictures in a WIP (recycling a thunderbolt) thread of mine.

Not exactly the same but the workflow is very similar and should get you started. Cheers. Matt