Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Hubert for the info. In most of the research photos I have, they rocker covers are black but I did find a few with them unpainted. If any part of the engine other then the crankcase and cylinder faces were going to be able to seen when with the cowlings on, I would have done them in gloss black as the majority of the photos show. Nothing like a bit of poetic license to help pop the details even though all will be hidden.

Just did a bit more research and the SBD power is a wright R-1820-66 Cyclone . I wonder if later SBD's were P&W powered.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Andre - right with you for sure.

Just finished the exciting task of reaming out the zillion and one lighting holes in the flaps/dive brakes ... Oh what fun.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

John

Much appreciated and all the SBD's were powered by: OMG .... I got it wrong -

Wright 9-cylinder radial, air cooled R-1820-66 Cyclone and like a dummy, I kept calling the radial a P&W.

My apologies to everyone for the misinformation.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Carl

And no doubt in my mind - you're got the touch - could it possibly be a flight of Corsairs are coming our way?

I'm reading and strapped in

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Paul, much appreciated

Hard to believe how this simple Box Stock contest bound build has the juices flowing and the mojo in high gear

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Fabulous work Peter. I'm on vacation at the moment lacking the time and a proper WiFi, but I couldn't resist to check in and enjoy your talent in action. Eye twitch and all. All the best from the coast of Mexico.

Cheer

Martin

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Peterpools

Thanks martin, much appreciated you checking in on vacation from sunny and warm Mexico. It's been freezing for a good week here on the island, way below our normal temps and we're expecting a good ten inches of snow starting tonight. Any chance you could FedEx some beautiful weather our way.

Peter

Thanks Carl

And no doubt in my mind - you're got the touch - could it possibly be a flight of Corsairs are coming our way?

I'm reading and strapped in

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter!

There's definitely a few more in the pipeline, including Robert Hampton Gray's FG-1D (Canada's last VC winner).

Carl