Swordfish Mk II

ladder4boy

then finally got the cockpit put together and ready to install. went a little crazy on the weathering and overdid it as usual.. i've gotta stop building tanks as i get a paint brush in my hand and have to start chippin' the crap out of everything. everything fit together extremely well. The cockpit decals were a pain to get sucked down, but after about 4 coats of solvaset then sunk down enough for me to put some future on top of them. Won't matter as you can't see any of it when the cockpit is closed anyhow. Same goes for the back radio i spent about 2 hours painting up! i should really start checking all this stuff before i start painting in the future. anyhow, here goes..

DSCN3678.jpg

DSCN3673.jpg

DSCN3680.jpg

DSCN3676.jpg

gonna stuff all this stuff inside and close her up tonight barring any major catastrophe's. I'm gonna add one of Radu's harnesses after everything is painted up. Sorry for the pic heavy posts! Any and all criticisms are more than welcome.. i'm trying to get better at this!

Cheers!

Jerry

Edited by ladder4boy

• 2 months later...

She's finally done! just have to pop the PE struts in after the dull-coat has dried overnight. All in all it was an enjoyable build.. highly recommended! And i finally managed to finish one for a group build... at the last minute, granted, but finished at least!

DSCN3307.jpg

DSCN3306.jpg

DSCN3305.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics.. Will try to get some better pics later this weekend and post them in the ready for inspection area.

Thanks for lookin'

Cheers,

Jerry

Thanks guys! more pictures are on the way. I was having major computer/internet/camera issues all at the same time and wanted to get the thing posted before the group build ended so i could finally finish one on time! I'm gonna take a bunch tomorrow morning after i get home from work and take a nap. Fun build with suprisingly little "agony of defeat".. only broke the aerial mast off twice and that was about the only real headache i had.

thanks again for lookin'

Cheers,

Jerry

thanks mike! I do recommend it for a "fun" build. I weathered it a little and it doesn't really show up that well in pictures. Had a slight catastrophe spraying the final dull-coat on it as the rattle can decided to spray large blobs of splatter all over the top wing and fuselage side, and it's still not completely dry. when it dries out, i'll buff down the puddles and use some weathering powders on the canvas parts and add some exhaust staining and such but that's about it. Maybe another wash of payne's grey on it, but i like to stop and have a "little" weathering before i go too far and make it look like a tank!

cheers

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jerry, apologies for having dropped the ball on keeping tabs on your build, however, I've been a little distracted with a bit of emergency surgery to fix a blocked bowel in late June, advised while in hospital I was to be made redundant so am busy job hunting, and currently sitting here on the couch with a broken right Fibula and 10lb of plaster cast around my lower leg after slipping down a bank here at home in the garden! So modelling has taken a bit of a back seat and I only occasionally sneak a look in here at present. I must say however, you have done a sterling job with the Swordfish and I'm very tempted to get mine out and have a dabble, but I have a Lysander to finish first and a house prepare to sell once this cast comes off (six weeks!).

Best Rgds Brent

Hi Jerry, apologies for having dropped the ball on keeping tabs on your build, however, I've been a little distracted with a bit of emergency surgery to fix a blocked bowel in late June, advised while in hospital I was to be made redundant so am busy job hunting, and currently sitting here on the couch with a broken right Fibula and 10lb of plaster cast around my lower leg after slipping down a bank here at home in the garden! So modelling has taken a bit of a back seat and I only occasionally sneak a look in here at present. I must say however, you have done a sterling job with the Swordfish and I'm very tempted to get mine out and have a dabble, but I have a Lysander to finish first and a house prepare to sell once this cast comes off (six weeks!).

Best Rgds Brent

Sorry to hear of all your troubles Brent. I wish you well and hope everything comes together for you.

Kev

Sorry to hear about your troubles Brent. Hope everything makes a positive turn for you here in the near future. Get that Lysander out and get your mind off things for a while! The stringbag makes for a nice dabble build as there's only a few sub-assemblies outside of the cockpit. I would recommend building the entire top wing section first as i tried installing the top middle section first and then joining to it. Turned out to be a little problematic! then join the bottom wings one at a time, THEN add the PE rigging. If i ever get the hankering to build another, that'll be my plan. Verrrrry fun build tho.. one of the best Trumpy kits i've built thus far.

Cheers, and get well soon!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...