Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000-5F !!!

SharkOwl

Can you make one in Israeli markings?

Mike

Israel did not use the 2000.  They used a modified IIIC (IIICJ) and then started building most of the plane to build their own Kfir and Nasher which are based on the IIIE blueprints.  I would venture to say though that either Italeri or Kitty Hawk may make a modified version eventually to do some more Israeli stuff.

Israel did not use the 2000.  They used a modified IIIC (IIICJ) and then started building most of the plane to build their own Kfir and Nasher which are based on the IIIE blueprints.  I would venture to say though that either Italeri or Kitty Hawk may make a modified version eventually to do some more Israeli stuff.

And Kinetic is announcing a 1/32 Scale Israeli Kfir C-1 kit for 2017 !

:frantic:

SharkOwl

We need to be careful what we wish for from KittyHawk. They are announcing a very aggressive release schedule that is no doubt late and 1/48th heavy. Don't get me wrong, a 1/32 M2000 would be awesome as long as it is done correctly with minimal upgrade/correction effort.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow, that's really good news, I will be getting one for sure. My first ever plastic model was an Esci 1/48 Mirage 2000 which I duly hung from the ceiling when I was about 10. I have never built a model of the 2000 since, this will be such a gratifying build.

Glad they picked the -5, its my favorit version. Although a D would be nice also.

Edited by Marcel111

The Lavender is definitly lacking the line of rivets around its base... Lets hope there will be some aftermarket parts to fix this. And this omission is a bad omen for the overall quality of the aircraft model, indeed :fight:

BTW, is there a good reference book about the Mirage 2000?

Not too expensive, and calling out the differences of the different subtypes and export models?

Regards

- dutik

My point (apparently too subtle), is that he can do the 2000 in Israeli markings if he wants to.

I always liked the Mirage 2000 appearance at airshows. Their phenomenal display's where very aggressive flown by their display pilots, showing us the capability they where up to.

That makes that i always liked the Mirage 2000 very much, so it's good to have a 1/32 kit of it, no matter what kind of version it will be. Just hoping that they will make a decent kit with very few flaws.

Greetz

Danny