B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

I think one day when I will be all grown up I will build another B-25 and try to approximate the level of details you put in there, it looks seriously awesome.

Cheers,

David

Thanks David!

Your Ava Maria build came out really fantastic so I'd say you're already there.

I managed to get a bit more done tonight. I cut out a piece of wet or dry sandpaper to use as the no slip floor covering.

DSC_0097-L.jpg

This was then glued onto the floor with CA. I then gave it a wipe with some of the Tamiya weathering pastels.

DSC_0098-L.jpg

Finally, this was glued into place.

DSC_0099-L.jpg

With the floor installed, I can start laying out the smaller details such as the seats, radio sets and other equipment that goes in there.

At the same time, I installed the floor in the navigator's section and the rear cockpit bulkhead.

DSC_0100-L.jpg

Again, this will allow me to start placing the additional details.

Carl

I finally intalled the first of the jump seats into the plane.

DSC_0114-L.jpg

Instead of continuing on with this, I decided to try and make the waist position's heater unit. Luckily my LHS was having a sale so I was able to pick up suitably sized tubing.

DSC_0115-L.jpg

Here it is placed inside the fuselage towards the tail gunners position.

DSC_0116-L.jpg

Some paint next and then the upper duct work.

I also started assembling the radio rack.

DSC_0117-L.jpg

I need to show French Kiss some love so I'll be doing a bit of work on her next.

Carl

As promised, I did some work on the interior for French Kiss. I picked up a new tool for cutting all the stringers to the same length.

DSC_0136-L.jpg

Tom's use of one on his B-17 build got me to search for it and I found it.

DSC_0137-L.jpg

It makes repetitive cutting of identical lengths of strip styrene fast and easy.

I then installed the ribs into the two halves of French Kiss.

DSC_0138-L.jpg

I was hoping to have more done this week but a couple things conspired against me. The first was it was the last week of school for my boys so I ended up doing a bunch with them getting thigh s ready for summer break.

The other one is I jammed my baby finger and it's bent now. If I hold my fingers out straight, the last digit is bent at almost a 90°angle.. KI can't straighten it out but it's not broken or dislocated. There wasn't any pain until I actually got working at the bench but it was more like a tingling. Annoyingly, since it's constantly bent, it gets in the way a bit.

Carl

If it's bent at 90, you need to see a doc cos you've done some damage to it.

It's not a great pic, but this is as straight as I can make it.

DSC_0139-L.jpg

It's the start of a long weekend here so maybe I'll try to go to a walk in clinic on Tuesday.

Carl

Guest Maxim

It's not a great pic, but this is as straight as I can make it.

DSC_0139-L.jpg

It's the start of a long weekend here so maybe I'll try to go to a walk in clinic on Tuesday.

Carl

Carl, you have what they call Mallet Finger! It is caused from either a strain or tear in the Extensor tendon which connects to the bone. Sometimes a small piece of bone breaks off where the tendon joins. It's a common sporting injury. It will not heal by itself you need to get medical attention or your finger will stay like that forever. You'll need a splint on the finger and about 8 weeks to heal.

HTH

Carl, you have what they call Mallet Finger! It is caused from either a strain or tear in the Extensor tendon which connects to the bone. Sometimes a small piece of bone breaks off where the tendon joins. It's a common sporting injury. It will not heal by itself you need to get medical attention or your finger will stay like that forever. You'll need a splint on the finger and about 8 weeks to heal.

HTH

Maxim, thank you very much for that information. I'll see about getting it looked at as soon as possible. Can't have my wife calling me Stumpy. :)

Well, some good news is I got a bit more done

I finushed the ribbing on French Kiss so she's ready for me to start adding the interior.

DSC_0142-L.jpg

For some reason, the next thing I started on was the pulleys for the waist gun support cables. These were made from punched out styrene discs and strip.

DSC_0141-L.jpg

With the pulley painted silver and when dry, I'll paint the supports.

DSC_0143-L.jpg

That's it for tonight. And off to see if I can find a clinic open tomorrow.

Guest Maxim

Will do Harv, especially now that I know it's not just a sprain.

Carl, it could be more than a strain. It could be a tear. Usually only a splint and 8 weeks or so for the tendon to re knit.