A6M5 Zero-sen

Azgaron

Well it seems like it's time to get started to say the least! ;) I wonder if I can build this in Zero time! ;)

At least I'll try!

It seems pretty much could be assembled without painting!

zero-sen_32nd_speedbuild_640x480.jpg

A few more things and I can start painting! The interior first of course, and then all small things like main gear and propeller!

Cheers,

Håkan

White Ensign Models carries the entire (or a good portion of it) IJN line of colors in their colourcoats line of paint. They are enamel though, not acrylic. If you cannot get them locally, White Ensign Models sells directly. Being in Sweden, that's not too far from the U.K. and shouldn't be too much of a hastle. If you have any questions about the zero, please feel free to ask me via PM or email. While not an expert, I have spent a few years studying the aircraft and the material from those who have actually done the research to bring us the color information.

Have a look here

HTH

Tim

A little more progress! Actually yesterdays work that I didn't get time to add until now! :blink:

The cockpit got a little color!

a6m5_zero_cockpit_1_640x480.jpg

The wash didn't turn out as good as I hoped, or at least it looks worse on the pics, don't know!

I'm thinking of using the decals!

The engine got some color too!

a6m5_zero_engine_1_640x480.jpg

Also, the pilot got some color, but it is really ugly, so I think I'll skip the pilot this time! :(

a6m5_zero_ugly_pilot_1_640x480.jpg

I'll update later today, I hope! :lol:

Cheers,

Håkan

Hurray!,....glad to see you back here building again Azgaron!!! :rolleyes: Looking good my friend! I've never built a kit of the Zero, so I'm really interested in how this kit goes together. Always wanted to build this particular model when I was younger,but never had the chance.(or the reference material, or the paints, or anything but tube glue) Looks like a really fun build! Can't wait to see more progress pics dude. :) Later, Russ

Put on the decals in the cockpit today, but I think i could have been better given more time! :blink:

a6m5_zero_cockpit_decals_640x480.jpg

I also made my own artistic interpretation of the belts! :P

a6m5_zero_cockpit_belts_640x480.jpg

And with the cockpit done, I only had to assemble wings and fuselage! Didn't fit good, but some filler and sanding will take care of that! ;)

a6m5_zero_assembled_1_640x480.jpg

Cheers,

Håkan

Well, I got a little more done! :unsure:

I loaded the airbrush with black paint and painted the cowl and propeller hub!

a6m5_zero_black_paint_640x480.jpg

I intended to use Hu56 for the hub, but as I loaded acryl paint, I had to use Mithril silver instead!

a6m5_zero_mithril_paint_640x480.jpg

Turned out pretty good I think, and after some vaseline and another cote of black, it turned out like this!

a6m5_zero_worn_paint_640x480.jpg

While at it, the plane got a pre-shade too! :lol:

a6m5_zero_preshade_640x480.jpg

Soon time to start painting the underside of the plane! So I might just get it done! :lol:

Cheers,

Håkan