Oscar and Tony

vvwse4

When I was doing the testfit I figured might as well get ambitious. So I dug up the Tony as well. Those fighters are small BTW.

testfit001.jpg

testfit002.jpg

The very small one doesn't belong here :unsure:

Can somebody tell me what colour metallic blue is? What other colours were used by the Japanese Air Force?

How do you change the topic title?

Rick

Hey Rick,

metallic blue is, I belive, the color code given on the instructions for the "interior" color of the airplanes.

It is actually a varnish that was applied straight onto the metal/aluminium to prevent damage like the British or US interior green or the RLM 02 for the Germans.

It is in fact blue, green or blue green.... and as it is a varnish, it is translucent so the metallic sort of shinyness (?) remains visible.

That is one difficult color to make on your own (to me at least!) but I know some paint manufacturers do supply it dispite some are not available any longer...

As this is one major color used for the Japanese airplane manufacturing, I guess any good info, help or tip on how to replicate it correctly would be appreciate from the masses (I would myself appréciate it at least).

HTH a little...

Cheers,

loic

As this is one major color used for the Japanese airplane manufacturing, I guess any good info, help or tip on how to replicate it correctly would be appreciate from the masses (I would myself appréciate it at least).

J-aircraft is great for info on this subject, guys...

Are you planning to complete both? Let me know what you want the titled changed to and I'll take care of it for you.

Yep, want to give it a go, make the title something like Oscar and Tony if possible.

Rick.

Cool Rick. :lol: I'm planning on building both these models too, probably just OOB. Hope you don't mind if I shamelessly copy some of your colors/techniques, as I don't know ANYTHING about JAAF planes?! I can't wait to try a heavily chipped and weathered Ki-43 II paint-scheme. Whoohoo! Still doing research to find out some squadrons that operated in India. Can't wait to see these come along. Russ

Good luck Rick. I am trying to figure out this color business for Japanese aircraft as well. It seems they had more choices than the RLM and nobody can agree on what is right!

Matt

Talk about colours, I think the Oscar will be looking something like this

65_14.jpg

And I fancy this one for the Tony, but I am not sure about that

65_5.jpg

If somebody has a brighter idea, please let me know. Oh yeah, the images are from Wingpalette

Rick.

And talk about colours part 2.

Been fooling around with paint a little bit to try to make the blue metallic. This is what I came up with.

For the Oscar

testpaint001.jpg

testpaint002.jpg

testpaint003.jpg

And the Tony

testpaint004.jpg

testpaint005.jpg

testpaint006.jpg

Do the experts have a opinion about this?

Cheers

Rick.