Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

By the way. What did you use for you metallics? They look great!

We're they brush painted or airbrushed?

Hey Chuck, the metallic paint colours came from various sources such as Alclad II and Citadel acrylics. Mostly they were sprayed on but the Citadel paints brush beautifully as long as you keep them well thinned with Tamiya's thinner.

HTH,

Cheers,

Wolf

WOW! I'm blown away by your work. Great job on the interior.Rich

Thanks Rich, it's really hard to beat these WnW kits. You've got to give them a go.

Cheers,

Wolf

WOW.......... superb work sir. I'm impressed! I'll have to try your wash formula.

Will

Thank-you Will, the detailer washes are fool proof in my experience. Just remember to add a little dish washing liquid to help break down the surface tension and it also makes removing the excess wash easier. Thin the stuff with distilled water as well. For some reason the distilled water works better than plain tap water.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Thanks Wolfe. The metallics (well lets be honest here, all of it really) looks great as usual.

How's the spitfire coming along? Waiting for more reference materials?

Hi Chuck, the Spitfire is laying in wait at the moment. I just couldn't resist starting on the Fokker. As far as reference material is concerned, I've finally managed to accumulate everything I need to finish the Spitfire.

Cheers,

Wolf

Home sick again today, :( pumped up with medications, and just enough energy to get a low watt LED to glow faintly I decided to drag myself to the bench to do some more work on this build. Over the last few evenings I've managed to get the cockpit module all completed. The bracing wires are EZ Line and the turnbuckles from GasPatch. These are truly remarkable items, accurate in shape, easy to use, accept paint readily, and very affordable. Hard to beat all that eh?

The engine bearer assembly is also complete and with constant dry fitting of the various cowl panels, radiator, and engine block, everything lines up perfectly. The prop shaft protrudes directly through the centre of the front lower cowl as it's supposed to. :thumbsup: . Way to go WnWs!

If I can drum up the gumption I'll continue working on the engine today which should be a lot of fun as I have a bunch of Taurus Models details to add to it. Spark plugs, rocker boxes and rocker arms, valve spring assemblies, and of course, intake manifold locking rings. Very nice stuff indeed! I'm not planning on going hog wild with the engine on this one as only the top will show with the cowls in place and I'm not spending the next two years searching for enough reference material to put almost everything on :doh:.

Thanks for looking in and as always, comments and critique welcome!

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-10_zpsc9037689.jpg

Fokker-11_zps535d1bb4.jpg

Fokker-12_zps3dfe493e.jpg

Fokker-13_zpsa9452f6b.jpg

Fokker-14_zpsdb09f9ae.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Hope the medication kicks in and start feeling like your old self.

Gorgeous work on the cockpit module .. just spectacular. Very nice touch with the cammo wrapped around the top steel tubing. Love the pin wash around the stitching; just the right touch.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: