New resin fillet tail for new Revell P-51D!

1to1scale

News Flash ! Photo posted on another forum by well

know Mustang enthusiast Craig Quattelbaum of a

Revell sprue shot ...

XP8QfMz.jpg

:o :o :o :popcorn:

I'm so glad he posted that. I am right now in the process of scribing the kit lower belly panel using correct drawings. Will be including it with my "late" tail set. Should have it molded tomorrow.

Good on you Radu for making that upper cowling piece separate for the early and late D's!! Most manufacturers would ignore the panel line differences.

The part in question on the new sprue is the underside of the nose. The upper cowling is part of the fuselage sprue and is probably going to be the same in both kits. In the current D-5 release, you have to fill a panel in front of the windscreen, which I assume you won't have to fill on the late release.

Just finished up custom paint masks for the early -5 "Horses Itch" last night including all the fuselage codes, tail codes. I even managed to reproduce paint masks for the 357th Fighter Group checker nose, as I found out after receiving the kit that there are no decals for the spinner (as there probably wouldn't be now that I think about) it, and I have always had issues matching paint to decals, especially when those same decals and paint are right abutting up to each other. 

I found out very quickly there was/is a BIG controversy whether Horses Itch had the older 357th Fighter Group full white nose (as it appears in some pics) or if it had the 357th Fighter Group checker nose. I quickly found an old B&W pic of Horses Itch that didnt quite have as much picture washout, indicating that yes in fact it did have the checker nose and the white was just a product of the WWII style fim washout effect making it look white. 

Cant wait to start!  Im going for as much of an OOB build as I can, save belts, wheels/tires and the paint masks.  Probably will do the same with the late version whenever it hits the market.

News Flash ! Photo posted on another forum by well

know Mustang enthusiast Craig Quattelbaum of a

Revell sprue shot ...

To be clear, that sprue and the kit that goes with it is not available yet, nor is on Revell's release schedule for 2018. It has been reported before that the sprue with the late parts was tooled from the start with the rest of the kit, just not in the initial release. 

Don't get me wrong: I hope Revell corrects their initial goof sooner rather than later, but I'll believe it when I see it actually in stock somewhere. ;)

D

To be clear, that sprue and the kit that goes with it is not available yet, nor is on Revell's release schedule for 2018. It has been reported before that the sprue with the late parts was tooled from the start with the rest of the kit, just not in the initial release. 

Don't get me wrong: I hope Revell corrects their initial goof sooner rather than later, but I'll believe it when I see it actually in stock somewhere. ;)

D

Oh yeah, I didnt anticipate sprue shots this early to equate to a kit release any time soon. Glad they had it from the start though! Its the best of all indications that they are in fact moving forward with a late Mustang too. But then again, why wouldn't they?!?   It looks like they have a hit on their hands with this one, especially at the price point its at.