Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Welcome to the Keep it Civil Group Build!

The theme for this group build is any aircraft or helicopter operated by civilians or non-military organisations. Military training units are excluded, as are civilian-owned warbirds painted in faux wartime colours. The emphasis is on non-military liveries and finishes.

Kev

So Nanchang CF-6 are excluded. Well, had the idea to build one. Cheap kit, easy build, pretty colours.

How about post-war use of former military aircraft with Lozenge camo on, but disarmed and marked with civilian registrations instead of German crosses? Thinking about german airlines post WWI and german Luftpost (airmail) service.

To be curious: How about aircraft operated by soviet/russian DOSAAF sports organisation? They had a number of military types (Yakovlev UT-1, Aero L-39) for aerobatics.

Regards

- dutik

Sounds fair to me, Brad! I'll leave Martin to work out if that fits his bill.

Kev

Thanks Kev and Brad, it is tricky, because as a Air Police it was a para-military organization that is still present and operates under the Czech/ Slovak police forces. The OK insignia  was used while in active duty within the Police, the EV marking however was applied in the research institute and a/c was used for testing purposes .

I guess the OK version seems to be more appropriate . I will look more into it and perhaps I can come up with some detail overview of the use of these planes. It's similar to CIA using N-XXXXX serials on heavily modified "civilian" planes :)

How about this started build of an UT-1: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=34309&p=353549

Does it still fit the 25% rule?

Regards

- dutik

I don't know much about that aircraft, but it seems to be a military trainer to me, so I'd say that rules it out. Sorry!

Kev

Ok, here is the order of minister of internal affairs to establish Air Police , dated 1945, naturally the original establishment was dismissed with the outbreak of WW2.

The translation of the original document may not be exact, but it is as close to the original as possible.

notice

Interior Minister dated March 25, 1946, no. 81/1946-Va / 5
establishing the Air Force Corps of national security.

The Ministry of the Interior determined in agreement with the Ministry of National Defense and the Ministry of Transport, and in respect of Slovakia also in agreement with the Nominee of the Interior, under § 3 of the gendarmerie dated April 14, 1920, no. 299 Coll., As amended by the Act of January 31, 1928, no. 28 Coll .:

Article first
(1) The Air Force Corps of national security.
(2) The Air Corps national security is:
a) that oversaw the compliance with legal requirements and international conventions on aviation as part of domestic aviation as well as the foreign and to thereby assert the authority and sovereignty over the airspace above the territory of a state;
b ) that interacts with the security service terrestrial performed those of its actions for the implementation of which is due to the vehicle, which uses, particularly suited (stalking dangerous criminals, etc.), and has been instrumental in carrying out those tasks, ground services security, related to the transportation by air (passport control, etc.)
c) that held a service and helping rescue eg. providing assistance for natural disasters, accidents, and in the investigation of the causes of air disasters if it was not a military aircraft.
(3) In the field of custom services for the aeronautical Police Force Corps of national security:
The first observation and recording of all aviation activities in the territorial areas of the state, especially
a) checking compliance with airline schedules scheduled air services,
b ) monitoring of the individual authorized flights of foreign planes,
c) detection of foreign aircraft that overfly the national territory illegally (without permission at all, or outside the designated flightpath) or MS. Sovereign Base Areas carried out any inadmissible and crime (crimes against national security, intelligence or demonstrative flights, etc.), their pursuit and interception against them under applicable laws,
d) participation in the investigation of the prominent cases of emergency landing aircraft ( recon. , eventually. detention of aircraft);
Second ground operation, enabling and supporting the implementation of tasks listed in paragraph 1, in particular warning service in the border and inland, service or signal receiving and giving signs especially in places of entry sections of the state border, signaling assistance  during landing, when changing direction or altitude flight , warning aircraft violating regulations applicable;
3. Checking compliance with aviation regulations;
a) public airport at arrival and departure of aircraft (air control licenses, inspection of aircraft that do not have a gun without a permit, cameras, etc.)
b ) oversight of regulatory compliance in the air activities of private aviation associations and persons that are entitled to possession of the aircraft and the use of airports and airlines that are required licenses and permits.

ARTICLE 2.
(1) The head of the Air Force Corps of national security is the headquarters of the Air Force Corps of national security, which form the department of the Interior Ministry.
(2) Headquarters Air Force are subordinated air compartments and air patrols.

Article 3rd
(1) Administrative offices of national security are clamoring for services Air Corps national security through the Ministry of the Interior. Only if there were a danger in delay, turn right at the Aviation Section Commander and commander of air patrols.
(2) The service air services, their legal status and subordination, their relationship to MS. armed forces, courts and public prosecutor's offices (military courts and military prosecutors) to other state and self-governing authorities, as well as their rights and obligations are governed by the general rules applicable to the chorus of national security and the relevant statutory regulations on aviation.

So , I am in the limbo, it is Police service, therefore para-military, that was operating military aeroplanes in civilian marking.  Does it comply with the rules, or is it out?
Cheers
Martin
Edited by Martinnfb

So , I am in the limbo, it is Police service, therefore para-military, that was operating military aeroplanes in civilian marking.  Does it comply with the rules, or is it out?

Cheers
Martin

Generally speaking, policing services are non-military organisations, so on that basis, I'd say it would comply. this one seems to be slightly more ambiguous, I'd go with the options that Brad proposed. Or, find something more straightforward.

Kev

So Nanchang CF-6 are excluded. Well, had the idea to build one. Cheap kit, easy build, pretty colours.

How about post-war use of former military aircraft with Lozenge camo on, but disarmed and marked with civilian registrations instead of German crosses? Thinking about german airlines post WWI and german Luftpost (airmail) service.

To be curious: How about aircraft operated by soviet/russian DOSAAF sports organisation? They had a number of military types (Yakovlev UT-1, Aero L-39) for aerobatics.

Regards

- dutik

I don't know much about that aircraft, but it seems to be a military trainer to me, so I'd say that rules it out. Sorry!

Kev

The UT-1 served both roles, military trainer as well as sport aircraft of DOSAAF (or Osoaviachim, which was the forerunner of the DOSAAF). They took part in an air race Moscow-Sevastopol-Moscow. Looking to make the red or blue (click for the profiles).

Would this serve the GB given it passes the 25% rule?

Regards

- dutik

The UT-1 served both roles, military trainer as well as sport aircraft of DOSAAF (or Osoaviachim, which was the forerunner of the DOSAAF). They took part in an air race Moscow-Sevastopol-Moscow. Looking to make the red or blue (click for the profiles).

Would this serve the GB given it passes the 25% rule?

Regards

- dutik

Ah, gotcha. In that case, go for it!

Kev