Will Revell P-51 wings fit Tamiya kit?

Bravo for John giving it a go. I think many here have wondered but do not want to risk screwing up two kits. I see what John is doing is paving the way for all of us that may want to consider doing the same.

Go John!

Watching with interest.

Thank you Maxim! I very much appreciate that. It was a big part of my reason to give it a shot.

If nobody cared they wouldn't respond. I skip over posts I'm not interested in.

As I've said before on this site (and others) we should all say what we want

as long as it's within the prescribed rules. It's when people don't want to answer

the question but instead imply someone's nuts to even try, even after they've

begun the experiment.

Looks like you answered your own question. Glad I helped you out.

I think that, as pointed out above, the "issue" is that the OP was a "question" and the reaction was as follows:

1 - if anyone said it was a "bad idea", the reply was treated as offensive and aggressive.

2 - if anyone said it was a "good idea" , the reply was treated as life-affirming support.

Why ask? Had the OP been a straight statement saying "watch me doing it", I am sure everyone would have watched with bated breath. Fun by consensus is a recipe for misery.

Radu

Edited by Radub

Intended to be all very heartwarming I'm sure, but a better analogy would be if the man decided to try fitting a GM gasket into a Ford engine, just because they're both 2 litre. No doubt the wings or the gasket could both be made to work, but expecting drop-in fits would be unrealistic in either case.

I have (on consignment) changed out a v-8 diesel engine from a 2008 ford truck and installed a Dodge Cummins diesel in-line 6 in its place, I've fitted Chevy engines in Fords (not mustangs though) and other different re-powers, I thought the guys paying for those jobs were nuts! But they all got what they wanted at the ends of those jobs, and as far as I know they're happy. Perhaps it's all in our perspective of the project?