Echelon 1/32 Lightning........back to basics!

gunpowder

I bought the Hunter trainer and the Lightning direct from Frank Brown when they were released.

Top-notch kits especially the instruction sheets and decals. Unfortunately, the metal parts did not do it for me. Heavy, ill-defined (compared with resin) and a ##@@&& to get them stuck to the plastic.

Anyhow good luck with your build. I will follow it with interest.

Cheers,

Quang

Thanks Iain

Heres the metal parts added to the cockpit. By todays standards they are probably a bit basic. The Aires set for the trumpeter kit is light years ahead of this , but i wanted to keep the "essence" of the kit and the spirit of vacforms , so i will only use whats in the kit and what i can make myself

NngHH0J.jpg

JshMiAY.jpg

On the theme of making it myself i decided to buy this 

AfWjj5l.jpg

A nice basic little vacformer. Should be a giggle!

There is a nice build on Aircraft Resource Center (ARC) by John Wolstenholme. I found the area of the air intake trunk, nose wheel well and radar a head scratcher. He has a nice solution.

Rick

I'm actually in discussions with John right now about the possibility of publishing his build as a book for KLP Publishing. Would be good to get an idea of the level of interest, but it's certainly a worthy build!

Kev

I'm actually in discussions with John right now about the possibility of publishing his build as a book for KLP Publishing. Would be good to get an idea of the level of interest, but it's certainly a worthy build!

Kev

John Wolstenholme's build is the reason why I registered on Britmodeller... in spite of all the rest. I'd buy the book, definitely.

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers