Sukhoi SU-30 MKK

Out2gtcha

Nice start to CSI LSP Comrade! Love the Mig 15, and what a great selection of goodies you have, I've got the Begemot set for the Mig 21 to say they're comprehensive would be an understatement, and you certainly get your monies worth, joy oh joy the fun to be had for sure, classy choice too... :popcorn:

Nice start to CSI LSP Comrade! Love the Mig 15, and what a great selection of goodies you have, I've got the Begemot set for the Mig 21 to say they're comprehensive would be an understatement, and you certainly get your monies worth, joy oh joy the fun to be had for sure, classy choice too... :popcorn:

Thanks Andy. :D The Mig turned out great IMHO, but it has to have been THE worst fitting kit I have EVER put together. :BANGHEAD2:. Foil looks great on the Migs..........kinda wish this monster was NMF, but Rynolds Wrap may not make enough kitchen foil for THAT.

Brian

Your progress is most pleasing Comrade and The Party is satisfied.

We are watching with great interest those capitalist enhancements you intend placing on this engineering masterpiece of the mother country!

:thumbsup:

Your progress is most pleasing Comrade and The Party is satisfied.

We are watching with great interest those capitalist enhancements you intend placing on this engineering masterpiece of the mother country!

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate...uh I mean comrade. :) *RUSSIAN ACCENT* Its not that its IMpossible, it is that it is IMprobable.....More work to come on the pit(s)

Я борюсь на!

Edited by Out2gtcha

Thanks for the kind complements gentlemen! Ive picked out the details on the pit and sidewalls..........will upload pics after I get home and get soem rest.

I got my Zactoman pylons and missles in yesterday! WOW!!!!

Nice stuff....................and not a warp or curve evident in any of the resin. Cant wait to see what they add to the build. :D More pics to come later today..........and thanks again for looking in on me!

Cheers,

Brian

Update time..............

Got to work on the seats a bit after the "tyre black" mix I sprayed them with had dried. JUST a start here to the painting process Im going to use on the seats.

The QB seats have a LOT of detail to them that needs to be added pretty much after all painting is done............in MHO anyway.

Here you can see the results of the first stage, dry-brushing with aluminum, VS original non dry-brushed seat on the left -

LSP_SU30_WIP_38.jpg

Next up I started coloring and picking out details on the cockpit sidewalls. Painted the PE details, and added some maps and a checklist to the sidewall clip boards. Clip boards are not done in this photo yet, but the map still looks cool, even printed that small -

LSP_SU30_WIP_39.jpg

I also got to paint the IP hoods, and assemble the IPs into their respective hoods, and add the PE to each. These still have yet to be weathered, but you can still grasp what they will look like even without the actual pit assembly in. -

LSP_SU30_WIP_40.jpg

LSP_SU30_WIP_37.jpg

Finally, I spent some time painting up the details in the two-holer tub, as well as all the scratched detail I added previously to each of the rear pit walls. I added highlights with the same color mix only with a splash of white added, and a bit of scuffing fading on the pilots rudder tracts.

I have painted up these parts only, and they have yet to have any weathering or washes done to them, so atm they are still quite un-realistically bright. I still like the way they look, just needs to be toned down and weathered some. -

LSP_SU30_WIP_36.jpg

LSP_SU30_WIP_35.jpg

All for now gents, more later.........

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Camaradsky Brian.

Really nice wheatering begining on the seat and on the Pit

Love it!

Приветствия

Jamme

:ninja:

Thanks Jamme. :D I appreciate the nice comment. I have take Monday and tues off from work to get some more work done on this beast. Im going to try to finish one thing up before experimenting on anything else.....

Going to attempt to finish the cockpit off this weekend, and maybe move into doing some heat coloring of the exhaust can PE. :yahoo:

Cheers,

Brian

Update time!

Been working on the front offices, seats, and getting some extra pit details done. Got all of the tub painting done, as well as adding the Eduard side consoles.

Paint still is a bit bright atm, and everything still needs a good dirtying up -

LSP_SU30_WIP_41.jpg

Next I finished picking out the details and gave everything a nice dark dirt wash with PM washes......dart dirt in this case. Then wiped excess off, to give things that nice grungy feel -

LSP_SU30_WIP_42.jpg

LSP_SU30_WIP_43.jpg

LSP_SU30_WIP_46.jpg

LSP_SU30_WIP_45.jpg

I then moved on and got to work on some extra details I wanted to get in................in this case two pilots flight log books to go into the two starboard PE map pockets -

I started out this process, but designing a flight log book "cover" in PhotoDraw, then scaling it down to the correct size (about 1/2" x 1/4"). Made in this case to fold together just like a real book once the "pages" were inserted -

This reads

"Pilots flight log book"

"Keep secret!"

LSP_SU30_WIP_49.jpg

Next up, I then took a suitable small corner of the right number of pages out of a phone book, as the paper is very thin, and the pages all already have two square edges to work with -

LSP_SU30_WIP_47.jpg

Then I used craft stick glue to glue the sections of phone book paper to the spines, and voila'! Two miniature pilots flight log books -

LSP_SU30_WIP_48.jpg

More later, as Im hard at work on the beautiful QB seats..............

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Terrific Pit!

Who needs all those oily washes when you've got Pro Modeller eh?

One thing I would have done differently though, I would have made the book cover nice and red in keeping with the theme

and I think this would be a better "logo" for the front:

Телефонные номера подруг и нагих картин!

Держите Тайну!

HTH Phil

Terrific Pit!

Who needs all those oily washes when you've got Pro Modeller eh?

One thing I would have done differently though, I would have made the book cover nice and red in keeping with the theme

and I think this would be a better "logo" for the front:

Телефонные номера подруг и нагих картин!

Держите Тайну!

HTH Phil

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks mate!

B

Does anyone have anymore pics of the standard SU-27 / SU-27UB / SU-30 Svezda K-36D ejection seat?

Got a few pics off the "Ejection site" that show most angles and a variety of colors, but none are too detailed for high res........

Brian