Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

Guest The Southern Bandit

Hannants UK have them in stock now too, was looking this morning, £135 it was I think! Saw some on UK Ebay too, one was a more reasonable £117, gone now though.

Had intended to buy this kit for my July birthday as a treat, think I'll wait until Christmas now, price usually comes down a bit from day one release prices.

Luckymodel has them for $119.99 shipped to the US.

Looks like they are $119.99 + shipping to US, which seems to be about $19.52 extra, minus the $6 coupon for a grand total of $133.51 shipped.  Is there a secret coupon that makes them cheaper than that?

Looks like they are $119.99 + shipping to US, which seems to be about $19.52 extra, minus the $6 coupon for a grand total of $133.51 shipped. Is there a secret coupon that makes them cheaper than that?

Find the cheapest item you need that puts the total at or over $120 and use S15 for $15 off. So basically anything $0.01 or more.

Carl

I snagged one this afternoon as well.  Same deal - $29.99 US Dollars price with ten bucks shipping from The Orient to me here in North Texas.  I have carefully read every word on the auction page about three times over and, other than the too-good-to-be-true price and shipping, I can't find anything out of the ordinary.  I still agree with David G, though...until I have the kit in my hands, I will be suspicious.  Now I am off to read up on the eBay money back guarantee and PayPal purchase protection.  Hope I won't have to use them...

Michael 

I hate to sound like a negative Nancy here, and I wish the best of luck for you guys, but my spidey sense is tingling. Look at his items sold, the only plastic kits he sells is the 1/32 F4U-4. Nothing else. Where is he getting them from, and how is he getting so many, when large hobby resellers are only getting a few at a time? How is a small time guy in China getting so many kits, and why would he take a loss on so many. I would guess that wholesale price is going to be at least $85. There is no way Tamiya is going to discount such a hot release. This really does not make sense guys. I hope you get what you ordered, but I would not take the bet even on $35. Does this seller and his price really make any sense?

Guest The Southern Bandit

I hate to sound like a negative Nancy here, and I wish the best of luck for you guys, but my spidey sense is tingling. Look at his items sold, the only plastic kits he sells is the 1/32 F4U-4. Nothing else. Where is he getting them from, and how is he getting so many, when large hobby resellers are only getting a few at a time? How is a small time guy in China getting so many kits, and why would he take a loss on so many. I would guess that wholesale price is going to be at least $85. There is no way Tamiya is going to discount such a hot release. This really does not make sense guys. I hope you get what you ordered, but I would not take the bet even on $35. Does this seller and his price really make any sense?

We'll probably never know, but the point is, the guys here who went for this can not lose, if kit does not arrive they will be refunded. If kit does arrive and its not as described, they will be refunded, you cant lose here.

When I saw this thread just after it began I looked on UK Ebay but it was not listed there otherwise I'd have went for it too.

Sometimes in life you don't look a gift horse in the eye, you grab it while you can ... especially when as a customer you cant lose.

Ebay/Paypal get a lot of bad press, but as a Customer you are well protected.

I snagged one this afternoon as well. Same deal - $29.99 US Dollars price with ten bucks shipping from The Orient to me here in North Texas. I have carefully read every word on the auction page about three times over and, other than the too-good-to-be-true price and shipping, I can't find anything out of the ordinary. I still agree with David G, though...until I have the kit in my hands, I will be suspicious. Now I am off to read up on the eBay money back guarantee and PayPal purchase protection. Hope I won't have to use them...

Michael

Link?