Scratchbuild Phonix D1

apauling

David Hansen and Steve Bakke put me in touch with Jerry Robinson (an awesome and generous guy) who is retiring from the hobby. Jerry had seen a couple of my WWI builds and decided to entrust me with about 60lbs of his WWI aviation references. I want Jerry to know that I will try to make sure that his stuff gets put to good use, so I am clearing off the workbench to start a scratchbuild Phonix D.1 in 1/32nd scale.  The wheels and cylinder jackets are turned on a lathe.

wFeOMbfh.jpgoXy6W0vh.jpgyDMNjeDh.jpg

Great to see another scratch project bloom here. I learn so much from others.  Glad to see some reference libraries get a good home. I'd imagine a lot of them just gather dust  in the attics of disinterested heirs (or worse!).  

Great to see another scratch project bloom here. I learn so much from others.  Glad to see some reference libraries get a good home.

Agreed, projects like this can only make us a stronger community here. The things we learn from each other, are IMHO, some of the best ways any of us can learn and expand our building techniques. 

• 1 month later...