TF-104G and (R)F-104G Italeri 1/32 on their way...

timvkampen

• 2 weeks later...

Has Italeri fixed up the right side fuselage on their 104 kits?

Engraving is missing on the spine and pane lines disappear.

Except for the addition of the new sprue, the plastic is identical in the RF release and the original G/S release. Not sure what you are referring to as being missing on the spine. All have the panel lines on the spine of left fuselage half being more vague, but I don't see any actually missing. Not sure what's wrong with the right fuselage half.

Except for the addition of the new sprue, the plastic is identical in the RF release and the original G/S release. Not sure what you are referring to as being missing on the spine. All have the panel lines on the spine of left fuselage half being more vague, but I don't see any actually missing. Not sure what's wrong with the right fuselage half.

I must have the sides confused, it must be the left side. The panel lines are definitely vague on one side.

Working on the basis that Italeri WILL deliver on their promise of a TF.104G, I'm seeking decals for a JASDF two seater.

I see that Italeri have not included JASDF marking in the "New" ®F.104G boxing, so if anyone on here can point me towards a source of generic JASDF and squadron markings, I'd be obliged.

Regards,

Steve S.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, but if you look at the decal sheet it's for a RCAF Starfighter same as the aircraft in the link I posted, the photo you posted it's CAF - the Canadian national insignia/name of service changed a number of times over the years.

Nice photo.

Yep, but if you look at the decal sheet it's for a RCAF Starfighter same as the aircraft in the link I posted, the photo you posted it's CAF - the Canadian national insignia/name of service changed a number of times over the years.

Nice photo.

Here is something that could be usefull concerning the different CF-104 scheme during its entire operational career.

http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/decals/bd6.htm

Unfortunately this decal sheet is not available at 1/32 scale but the 8 page instructions are a quite usefull guide for any scale.

http://www.belcherbits.com/images/decals/bd6inst.pdf

:popcorn:

SharkOwl

Nice photo.

This is the scheme as presented in the kit.

http://www.916-starfighter.de/Large/Stars/wC754.htm