Sprues needed to get an A from an E?

Dragon

Does anyone know what sprues from the A kit I would need to track down to make an A from the E kit?

I thought I recalled someone else asking this before on this site, but my search attempts have come up with nothing on this.

Thanks,

Mike

Chiefly, the A-6A sprue with the inner wing parts; and the one with the radome and perforated airbrakes.

The A-6A switched to fixed fuselage airbrakes during its production run and lost the holes and, conversely, several with them were upgraded to A-6E Mod, so Trumpeter ought to have included both types in both kits. Alas not.

There are other things to consider but those two sprues are the pair I'd focus on.

HTH

Tony

The pylon sprues too, the -A kit had the pull up bars on the inner ones.

Those probably need replacing in any case, so brass or plastic rod with a bit of sanded down sprue on the end would work.

Other things include GRU-5 seats and A/B/C type main wheel hubs, none of which are in the A-6A boxing anyway.

Worthwhile looking at AMS resin products at Sprue Bros et al and working out which really matter to you.

HTH

Tony

Other things include GRU-5 seats and A/B/C type main wheel hubs, none of which are in the A-6A boxing anyway.

Worthwhile looking at AMS resin products at Sprue Bros et al and working out which really matter to you.

HTH

Tony

Yep, Harold has been contacted :)