Revell Fw 190F-8

LSP_K2

After checking, I'm rather amazed (and pleased) to see that both the Revell and Hasegawa stabilizers/elevators, are almost exactly the same size. The mounting tabs are somewhat different on the Has stabs, so will require a little trimming, but with the interlocking design going a long way toward maintaining perpendicularity with the vertical stabilizer, should work out just great.

The chord of the Hasegawa elevators is also a bit less than the corresponding Revell elevators, and may in fact be more correct, though I don't really know that for sure.

TW39HF.jpg

Good going. My FW 190 has been relegated to the SOD. 

Mine might be headed that way too, all the cowl pieces (now dry), are just a jumbled mess, with many of the parts shifting out of position while the glue was drying.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Glad the clamp solved the cowl problem and the details look really good. Pretty interesting how the Revel and Hasegawa elevators are so close to each other

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Damn, sorry to hear that. 

Yep, me too. It's probably salvageable, but still really drags me down.

Kev

Glad the clamp solved the cowl problem and the details look really good. Pretty interesting how the Revel and Hasegawa elevators are so close to each other

Keep 'em comin

Peter

It solved it partially, but one of these pieces shifted while clamped, so is now out of whack with the other pieces, as are several other parts that were added afterward.

OK, yet more "issues", this time in the form of needing to use my 20" bar clamp (again) to lift the entire cowling assembly, such as it is, to meet the MG cover, resulting in mismatched panels all over the place. I'm sorely tempted to set this one aside for an indeterminable amount of time, and just resume work on something else.

U06Dci.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Over the past year, I set aside two projects I spent a lot of time with and attribute them to killing my mojo for many months afterwards. I'm now a firm believer it's a hobby to enjoy, derive satisfaction and enjoyment from. Frustration is the killer me and when frustration exceeds satisfaction, I'll box up the project for another day and work on another build and return to the kit when the juices and desire allow.

Peter

Yep, as the day rolls on, I'm coming to the realization that all of these issues, while probably correctable, are sapping the joy from me, and fixing them will eat up valuable time that I can't really afford to lose right now.

Wow, that really bites K2. I know the feeling you speak of though.......................and Im feeling it on my little Extra 330 for SURE. I have been for some time. The only reason I have not fully put it down right now is that I have come so far I felt bad not finishing it.........and the main reason being its super small, in the right category (civilian 32nd and up) and almost ready for the NATs in PHX. 

Im still down a bit on it, and know all too well the "sapping" feeling one can get that destroys MoJo