Arado Ar 234A V6 - 4 x BMW engines Prototype (Kettenkrad)

kkarlsen

Superb execution, Kent.

'Anyone who knows approx. how much added nose weight the Arado will need, not to 'stall'?'

Apologies, can't help you here.

7698-010318111737-132712074.jpeg

But I offer this: Careful the wing insert doesn't interfere with No. 4 bulkhead.

Sincerely,

Mark

Good to see an excellent fit for the landing skid mechanism.

Lead shot.. If it really is lead (rather than one of the replacement substances now quite common) do try to coat the shot in something before sealing that box. I haven't experienced it myself (never used lead as a weight) but you do hear horror stories of the lead reacting, creating a crystalline substance which expands and can force a fuselage open..!

Like I say, not experienced this myself, but coating the shot in PVA should seal it from the air/moisture and save possible horror down the line.

Matt

OK thanks Matt.

Now I have mixed the shots with white glue and sealed off the 'fuel cell' 

Hopefully nothing 'nasty' will happen ;-)

Btw: I did something similar when putting nose weight into the B-25J, I haven't seen strange things happen yet.

7698-010318195300.jpeg

The large 'fuel cell' now weighs in at a 100 grams, I think it's enough...

Mark: I have tried to fit the wing into the slot, everything is fitting nicely, thank you!

Cheers: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

Ups! Got carried away taking the 'surgery' a little too literally...

7698-010318111737-1327270.jpeg

Beautiful, technical, and precise work as always, Kent.  BTW, forget the tape - a little drop of CA in the cut will seal it up, stop the bleeding, and let you get on with your work.  It stings a bit, but it's the same thing they use all the time in surgery. 

Good to see an excellent fit for the landing skid mechanism.

Lead shot.. If it really is lead (rather than one of the replacement substances now quite common) do try to coat the shot in something before sealing that box. I haven't experienced it myself (never used lead as a weight) but you do hear horror stories of the lead reacting, creating a crystalline substance which expands and can force a fuselage open..!

Like I say, not experienced this myself, but coating the shot in PVA should seal it from the air/moisture and save possible horror down the line.

Matt

I use wheel lead (you know, the stuff which is self adhesive used to balance alloy wheels) and never experienced anything similar.

So a quick update, last night I got the fuselage glued together.

It fits really well but of course there will be some cleaning up and some work on the panel lines...

7698-030318091224.jpeg

Now I can't avoid the tricky part any longer.

The much narrower cockpit and the canopy of the A model.

Cheers: Kent