Shizuoka hobby show - any new LSPs (aside from Wingnut)?

seiran01

I'm surprised that Tamiya have not yet produced an F-86F in 32 scale considering the JSDF used them for many years.That and a new F-14A in 32 scale would have me splurging out big time!

That would be truly outstanding. Either one would have me scrambling to get one.

Guest Peterpools

While I'm in for both, I would much prefer a Tomcat in 32nd scale equal to their 48th scale kit

Peter

They did different versions. The original releases were hybrid kits with metal chassis, and then they released full plastic kits later. And they also released full die-cast versions that you just had to assemble

Matt

My Carrera GT kit has the metal chassis which is more of a floorpan.

I don't know if there really were any differences between the finished ones and the kit. Would seem to be an expensive change to make. On the tanks, the static ones keep the working suspension and running gear from the RC versions. The gearboxes are gone of course.

Since we're off topic, anyone getting the new B-Wing? :P

Carl

B-Wing is the best looking of any of the craft in that universe. Didn't know it was out yet. I guess it fits in this topic, being from the area. Nice.

Tnarg

B-Wing is the best looking of any of the craft in that universe. Didn't know it was out yet. I guess it fits in this topic, being from the area. Nice.

Tnarg

It was very, very cool. Saw it in the plastic and wanted to take it home. 

The new mini Death Star model is amazing too.

Next 5 years it should be like this: 1. Hellcat, 2. F-14A/B/D Tomcat, 3. F-16A/B/D, reissue C (Thunderbirds and block 50), 4. P-38 Lightning and 5. Beaufighter. 

Of these 5 the F-14 and F-16 would for sure the easiest sellers, of the WW II stuff: the Hellcat probably.

But...Tamiya is Tamiya, they decide what the market wants apparently... :m0152:

Guest Peterpools

How true but it seems Tamiya is no longer issuing new 32nd scale releases every year - I only wish they would.

Peter

My Carrera GT kit has the metal chassis which is more of a floorpan.

I don't know if there really were any differences between the finished ones and the kit. Would seem to be an expensive change to make. On the tanks, the static ones keep the working suspension and running gear from the RC versions. The gearboxes are gone of course.

Since we're off topic, anyone getting the new B-Wing? :P

Carl

From what I can find, the 2006 version was a semi-assembled die-cast version, and the 2013 one was plastic except for the floor pan

Matt