The Air War Over Vietnam Group Build Discussion Thread

LSP_Paul

Well I was involved, but I loaded B-52's "over there" and since a 1/32 BUFF is just too dam big, IF I join, I'll plan on my F-4D, with Harold's center mount gattlin and snakeyes and aim 9's. This is a great opportunity. Thank You all that serve..........Harv

Mine will probably be a F-4 Phantom. Not sure of the version though. I am thinking of doing a diorama with the revetments I have.

Mike

Perfect Mike!  See that's what I want to hear, folks using cool  stuff to make something they have always wanted to build ! I Keep seeing a  Marine F-4 taxing out of Da Nang in my mind when you mentioned those revetments..

Paul 

Well I was involved, but I loaded B-52's "over there" and since a 1/32 BUFF is just too dam big, IF I join, I'll plan on my F-4D, with Harold's center mount gattlin and snakeyes and aim 9's. This is a great opportunity. Thank You all that serve..........Harv

Right On Harv!  And thank YOU for your service.. and Yeah a 1/32 B-52... Impressive but probably not practical..  Now If we can just get some love from the Moderator Staff...

Paul 

Count me in... although I just finished a SPAD...maybe I can hold off on adding the antenna wire or something and finish within the time frame...lol...

I will more than likely be doing a MiG, but there are certainly other possibilities... F-105, A-7, F-4E, Huey, Mig-19, Mig-21, F-106, A-4, or I could get real crazy and do an A-26K

Only trouble I have with group builds, I always have grand plans and something ends up trashing them...real life schedules suck.

But count me in anyway.

J

Glad someone's got one of these, wouldn't be the same without one.

I agree Frank and I am sure we would probably see more then one?   The Old Revell Cobra can be nicely enhanced as well! 

Paul 

Count me in... although I just finished a SPAD...maybe I can hold off on adding the antenna wire or something and finish within the time frame...lol...

I will more than likely be doing a MiG, but there are certainly other possibilities... F-105, A-7, F-4E, Huey, Mig-19, Mig-21, F-106, A-4, or I could get real crazy and do an A-26K

Only trouble I have with group builds, I always have grand plans and something ends up trashing them...real life schedules suck.

But count me in anyway.

J

Uhhh Jeff.... An Antenna Wire doesn't count LOL  but I about spit Gatorade on my keyboard when you posted that !  :rofl:

Is the  Mig 19 Buildable? 

Paul

If ya have enough 220-grit sandpaper and putty, anything is buildable.

I'm actually sitting on a Combat Models F-106, I trimmed the sheets down yesterday to store it...it doesn't look like it would be a difficult build, so maybe...

Hell, I have no clue what's next on the schedule anyway, it could be a LSD (Large Scale Droid, R2D2) for all I know.

J

I have a 32nd Cobra & Loach in my stash as well ;-) As well a couple MiGs, a F-104C, and a started A-4E...

Everything but the Started A-4 would count unless the A-4 is just BARELY started and stays that way until the official start of the group build, and by barely started I'd have to let the Mods Decide what those  parameters are.. usually its less then 10% I think.. I'll have to ask.

I'm thinking IF we can pull it off, the start date will be April 30 2014 and Run till October 31st 2014, that's 6 months.. and allows folks to get their kit/s and  supplies etc ready.

Paul