NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

I'm loadin the popcorn emoticon for this discussion... :popcorn: . Then I'm loading the dead horse emoticon thereafter. :deadhorse:

Tamiya releases are kept close to the vest (they have pretty good security I'd guess) and what/when won't be known until it's known. Speculating/Hoping/Wishing doesn't do much except waste forum space on some disk, someplace on planet Earth and get people riled up about their favorite aircraft getting the Tamiya treatment and/or the reverse.

Totally agree with Tim C. No sense in guessing buy maybe it's good old hoping and praying. :innocent:

Then what exactly is the point of a discussion forum if members can't discuss subjects they want to discuss? And if said discussion is such a waste of forum space, why are you partaking in that discussion?

Just sayin' :D :)

Guest Peterpools

Guys

Of course, we can and do discuss everything and anything. The only point I was making is we're really not discussing anything but guessing and hoping on what Mr Tamiya's next 32nd scale kit will be. It just seems to be pointless. But if it's something everyone wants to keep doing, so be it .... It just doesn't answer the question of what the next kit actually will be.

Koolhoven FK-58 - the obvious and logical choice.

Had to look that up. Um, well..maybe..but no.

GhostMech has done a Tamiya 1/32nd Corsair boxtop, and if I remember correctly, he also did the Spitfire and P-51 boxtops.

I think that he will be 3 for 3. Corsair, and it will be awesome. Which version I wonder?

From a moderator's perspective I have to agree with Brian. I see a speculating or wishing thread as just chit chat for fun, it's the "I know but I am not telling" that tends to cause us grief as moderators, we would much rather have those that know and can't say keep it to themselves. I think it's fair to say if you know and won't tell, we don't really want to know, that you know, if you know what I mean.... you know..... :mental: :whistle: :lol:

I am hoping for a Corsair...

Then what exactly is the point of a discussion forum if members can't discuss subjects they want to discuss? And if said discussion is such a waste of forum space, why are you partaking in that discussion?

Just sayin' :)

Zombie up an old thread as this exact same topic has been discussed ad nauseum with the same results year in and year out with the same end results: F4U Corsair, Fw190, Bf109, P-51B, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane and few esoteric types. What's that definition of insanity again? Truth be told, my post was intended to be a poke at the amount of time spent discussing "what-ifs"; there's nothing wrong with that at all, I was just havin some fun with emoticons.

Silver Wings put up a poll and asked us what we want, then changed their plans to accommodate those of us who are crazy enough to desperately seek 1930's biplanes. I am certain Tamiya has invested significant effort in examining their market (which unfortunately for most of us, is their domestic marketplace). They have been successful in releasing some great kits that keep them in business and I believe they will continue at that.

I expect they will release a Corsair, but we will all likely go nuts over whichever WWII fighter they do next.

I congratulate Hasegawa for their courage to release four amazing 1930's biplanes, and wish that there was a chance to see more. Can you imagine a Pete, Rufe or Seiran in 1/32? and who better to release them than one of those two companies? Not likely, but I'd buy some. Maybe not enough other model builders would, so Tamiya will probably release a Corsair.

I'd definitely buy a Martin B-10 or a Lockheed Airliner, any model, 12 to 18 or especially a 1930's Orion in 1/32, but I seriously doubt that Tamiya has them next on their plans. I guess that is why we have vacforms and basswood. I have too many on the shelf (and not enough skill) to make that happen right now.

Tnarg

Dislike

Zombie up an old thread as this exact same topic has been discussed ad nauseum with the same results year in and year out with the same end results: F4U Corsair, Fw190, Bf109, P-51B, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane and few esoteric types. What's that definition of insanity again? Truth be told, my post was intended to be a poke at the amount of time spent discussing "what-ifs"; there's nothing wrong with that at all, I was just havin some fun with emoticons.

Guest Clunkmeister

Just to piss everyone off... How about a Defiant? Or a Battle.... Hehehehehehehe

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister
Switchin' back to modern; F-4B Phantom II

Either that, or the sexy Fairey Gannet.

The Gannet's about as sexy as my Aunt Nelda. And she's got a better moustache than I could ever grow...